Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:35 AM

968 posts, read 2,614,141 times

Advertisements

That father is wrong that the bus driver "should keep her feet on the pedals" thats bigotry right there...anyone who agrees that this woman should "keep her feet on the pedals" needs to drive a bus and hear the horrible things kids say to eachother. I know because i was there as a kid saying those things. its the task of level headed adults in the education system to correct those mistakes made by children, not fear the wrath of the parents. so i fully support this woman in her efforts.

a bus driver is part of the education system. my bus drivers had every right to promote and maintain tolerance on the bus and silence hateful racist and dangerous comments.

bus drivers have to be tough to stand up to those kids. and that woman was up to the task.

btw i'm a conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Who cares? That father is probably a teabagger anyway...he ought to shut up and raise his kid properly. Then he wouldn't have this problem
btw just so your bigoted remark does not get misconstrued, i'm a tea party member and i agree with the bus driver on this one. and i'm willing to bet that there are a lot of "teabaggers" that agree with me, that, despite the side she is supporting (gay rights, and anti abortion), she is helping this child see both sides to decide for herself, and helping the child not make hateful remarks against those who believe differently from her...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,816,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
My daily reality is overprotective parents continuously making excuses for their children's atrocious behaviour, it's time for parents to step up and be parents. Of course the father on national tv is not going to stand up and say he's the proud parent of a bigot-in-training. Who knows what the kid really said, but a group reported her so she must have said something off.
The Bus Driver under oath said she never heard the little girl make the comment. Yet she called her a stupid little bigot and said she would eat her a live.

So what bad behavior justifies this happening to the child?

Old 06-03-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
That father is wrong that the bus driver "should keep her feet on the pedals" thats bigotry right there...

a bus driver is part of the education system. my bus drivers had every right to promote and maintain tolerance on the bus and silence hateful racist and dangerous comments.

bus drivers have to be tough to stand up to those kids. and that woman was up to the task.

btw i'm a conservative.
The Bus driver never heard the kid make a comment about gays

Omg she is not part of the education system. She drives a bus. She is to make sure they get to and from school safely thats it

Old 06-03-2010, 07:38 AM

351 posts, read 532,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Great....we need more adults like this.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Who cares? That father is probably a teabagger anyway...he ought to shut up and raise his kid properly. Then he wouldn't have this problem
Typical thats compassion right there for ya
Only care about those that agree with you

Old 06-03-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Great....we need more adults like this.
We need more adults that embarrass children over things they didnt even hear. We need more adults to call children stupid little bigots and tell them we are going to eat them alive? When we didnt hear them make a comment to qualify them as a bigot?

I dont think so, Its shameful that you support that to be honest

Old 06-03-2010, 07:42 AM

2,154 posts, read 4,413,260 times
We were only getting snippets of the video so we can't for sure say what exactly was said to whom, but it that little girl was making those kind of comments to kids on the bus, then the bus driver is in every right to say something to the little girl. Yes, she could have chosen her words more wisely, but she was in the place to basically tell the girl to quit being so damn judgmental.

When things like this happen and no one steps in, people get pissed. Had one of the kids that the little girl was judging had done something to themselves people would be blaming the bus driver for not stepping in.

She seems to be one of those drivers that actually cares about the children so good for her

Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,403,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Typical thats compassion right there for ya
Only care about those that agree with you
The father has obviously been indoctrinating his child with all sorts of fundie beliefs. I see that also includes trying to push those beliefs on others..as fundies are known to do.

He should have at least taught her that others don't like to be preached to and told they're going to hell..whether it be children or adults. I see this as the father's fault.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:46 AM

328 posts, read 195,160 times
Quote:
He is raising his child properly he just isn't raising her in the manner you want him to raise her in. Sucks for you could for the rest of the country though who actually believe in letting people raise their kids the way they see fit.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,513,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The Bus Driver under oath said she never heard the little girl make the comment. Yet she called her a stupid little bigot and said she would eat her a live.

So what bad behavior justifies this happening to the child?
School buses have become the "mean streets" of public schools. My kids ride the bus every day, and it is there they have learned many undesirable lessons. School buses have become synonymous with where kids learn bad language, and where the majority of bullying takes place. Who knows what this kid actually said, and perhaps the driver could have handled things differently, but at least she said something, and didn't turn a blind eye. I honestly wish there were more drivers like this. People don't want to discipline their own children, and those children are going to be around my children, so thank goodness there is someone willing to step up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies