Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 01:10 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The Bus Driver under oath said she never heard the little girl make the comment. Yet she called her a stupid little bigot and said she would eat her a live.

So what bad behavior justifies this happening to the child?
So the child got that dressing down for hearsay. What if it could be proven that the child never made those comments then I'd wonder what all these folks supporting the bus driver would say then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
We were only getting snippets of the video so we can't for sure say what exactly was said to whom, but it that little girl was making those kind of comments to kids on the bus, then the bus driver is in every right to say something to the little girl. Yes, she could have chosen her words more wisely, but she was in the place to basically tell the girl to quit being so damn judgmental.

When things like this happen and no one steps in, people get pissed. Had one of the kids that the little girl was judging had done something to themselves people would be blaming the bus driver for not stepping in.

She seems to be one of those drivers that actually cares about the children so good for her
It's funny how folks would support the driver for chiding the girl for being "judgmental" but it sounds to me that the driver as well as several posters on this thread are judgmental (especially Upton with his "teabagging" comment). Ooops! I guess it is ok to be judgmental when someone espouses a view that isn't politically correct.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The father has obviously been indoctrinating his child with all sorts of fundie beliefs. I see that also includes trying to push those beliefs on others..as fundies are known to do.

He should have at least taught her that others don't like to be preached to and told they're going to hell..whether it be children or adults. I see this as the father's fault.
Talk about being judgmental! "fundie beliefs"? Grow up!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM

469 posts, read 579,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
A more analogous comparison would be if the little girl lectured another little girl on the evils of race mixing and the driver reprimanded her.
Not if your point is to make the child the liberal and the bus driver the conservative. Get it? Liberals would get offended if the bus driver was reading scripture, but as long as she bashing conservative values she's A O K.

I don't care what the issue is. The bus driver is out of line. Her bosses think what she did was fine. Guess who is the boss of her boss. We are.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:18 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So the child got that dressing down for hearsay. What if it could be proven that the child never made those comments then I'd wonder what all these folks supporting the bus driver would say then.
Yep because the Bus Driver said under oath she personally didnt hear the comment that caused her to tell the child that.

It is shocking isnt it. How so many are approving of a child being called stupid.

My question is why would they approve of their child being called stupid

Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
School buses have become the "mean streets" of public schools. My kids ride the bus every day, and it is there they have learned many undesirable lessons. School buses have become synonymous with where kids learn bad language, and where the majority of bullying takes place. Who knows what this kid actually said, and perhaps the driver could have handled things differently, but at least she said something, and didn't turn a blind eye. I honestly wish there were more drivers like this. People don't want to discipline their own children, and those children are going to be around my children, so thank goodness there is someone willing to step up.
Step up?
1. The driver admitted that she hasn't heard the child make any comment in the first place
2. What type of lesson is this driver supposedly teaching about tolerance if she is calling a girl "stupid little bigot" and threatening that she will "eat her alive". This is child abuse no matter which way you guys like to twist it.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
The father has obviously been indoctrinating his child with all sorts of fundie beliefs. I see that also includes trying to push those beliefs on others..as fundies are known to do.

He should have at least taught her that others don't like to be preached to and told they're going to hell..whether it be children or adults. I see this as the father's fault.
So it would be ok if someone that doesnt agree with you politically or morally to call your child stupid then right?

I am guessing that if someone told your child they were stupid because they supported something you support you'd be pretty ticked.

So any adult can walk up to your child at that age and call them stupid and berate them for say supporting gay marriage. Since you think its ok for this child to be insulted that means its ok for yours to be insulted also right.

Answer no Its not ok for anyones child to be insulted

Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
the child was saying "you'll go to hell for..." and naming off liberal viewpoints, such as being pro abortion, being pro gay. the bus driver heard her and thats good enough for me. I trust an adult before i trust a child because the adult has more to lose than a child.

have you ever taken a bus? here are the requirements of a bus driver.

Bus Drivers

"Bus drivers must possess strong customer service skills, including communication skills and the ability to manage large groups of people with varying needs."

imagine your daughter is the one being bullied into voting for the right wing. she comes home and starts spewing right wing nutjob remarks like "going to hell for believing a certain way"

i'm a right winger, but i don't support the nutjobs, which is why i'm glad this woman did her job by managing a large group properly, what if some of those children had two dads, or two moms? imagine the hurt they would feel...
So you support an adult calling a child "stupid little bigot?"

Old 06-04-2010, 01:24 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Step up?
1. The driver admitted that she hasn't heard the child make any comment in the first place
2. What type of lesson is this driver supposedly teaching about tolerance if she is calling a girl "stupid little bigot" and threatening that she will "eat her alive". This is child abuse no matter which way you guys like to twist it.
Of course what I was condoning was calling the child a bigot and speaking to her on an empty bus without the parents permission.

I doubt any poster here would condone those two things. I was talking about the nonsense that happens on school buses every day, and someone speaking up when the kids are being hateful. My kids hear terrible things on the bus, thankfully they tell me about them and we can discuss it after the fact. If the driver hears things I hope they would say something, but more often than not they do nothing because their hands are tied.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I see. So, you believe all the other kids are lying and the one little girl bigot is telling the truth. More wingnut logic.
Kids do all sorts of things in bullying other kids. Even if the kids WERE telling the truth and the little girl was making the statements claimed - Since when do we excuse ADULTS for calling kids "stupid little bigots"? This bus driver should have known better and demonstrated poor communication skills in dealing with this situation. I could have thought of several ways she could have dealt with this but she chose to call the child names. This is child abuse no matter how you guys like to dress it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies