Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,763,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't see why they couldn't, after all, Ariz feels they can eyeball illegals.
The police in AZ cant stop someone for "looking illegal".
Thanks for coming out though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 07:32 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,276,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Time over a known distance. He could count it (one, one thousand, two, one thousand...) or time it on a wristwatch.
It's basically the same as vascar, which measures speed from point a to point b and calculates it into mph. It all depends on the cops proficiency in operating it or using a stop watch.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,590,707 times
Default lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
It's basically the same as vascar, which measures speed from point a to point b and calculates it into mph. It all depends on the cops proficiency in operating it or using a stop watch.
VASCAR involves a piece of equipment, Visual Average Speed, Computer And Recorder...

Same problems...worse...no computer, no recorder....ouch

Old 06-04-2010, 09:14 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,300,579 times
It's all about the money. OH doesn't have any and they want yours. And they'll do anything to get it !

Keep your GPS handy and reset the history when changing speed zones. Providing this info to some a-hole cop trying to hand you one of these BS tickets has 9 times out of 10 made him think twice about writing it in all my experience. I tell'em straight up this GPS is my evidence where's yours ? A warning has always been the end result for me with an unhappy cop.

IN is on the top of my hit list when it comes to these kinds of BS tickets. Might be worse than OH..... flip a coin !

Funny story.... Going through ND last year, lady highway patrol pulled me over as I went by her at 5 over. Saw her from 2 miles away sitting there and figured 5 over wasn't a big deal. She says I have you clocked at 15 over.... I showed her the my GPS data that says I was traveling at max 5 over the last 100+ miles. She wrote me a ticket for 5 over . There went $20 (cheap tickets in ND)..... oh boy ! Worth every bit of $20 just watching the expression on her face during that whole conversation. I got a good chuckle out of it..... I think that pissed her off more than anything !

Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,800,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
The police in AZ cant stop someone for "looking illegal".
Thanks for coming out though....
Correct. They would be stopped only if they choose to carry a banner announcing, "I'm here illegally".

Back to the topic, even radar gun readings can be disputed in court, and people can win simply based on the fact of the gun not being caliberated regularly. Just take it there.

That being said, these laws are turning our states into police states. In some states, recording an on-duty police officer (no matter the intent) can get you charged with felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies