Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 09:06 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times

Advertisements

The Commerce Department said durable goods orders excluding transportation dropped 3.8 percent—the biggest fall since January 2009—after rising 0.2 percent in June. Overall orders rose 0.3 percent following a revised 0.1 percent fall in June.

Source: News Headlines (http://www.cnbc.com/id/38846567 - broken link)

But that guy in the White House said the economy was improving. Seeing how he said that, it must be true right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 AM

672 posts, read 1,418,196 times
Why do you take such great pleasure in posting stories about the national economy, and adding your own snarky commentary? It's obvious what your agenda is...but what is your goal? I can tell you for a fact that the industry I work in can't hire enough people because of how quickly manufacturers are ramping up production. In a new subdivision near my home, houses are being purchased and built at a furious pace after a year of stagnation. That's the type of news that I would think you would want to spread about our community.

You do such a great job sharing new information about Greenville with this forum, please continue to do that.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Really, you'd have to live under a rock not to know the national economy right now ain't all that & a bag of chips with a Coke on the side... Let's try to focus on local economic numbers!

Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrocker View Post
Why do you take such great pleasure in posting stories about the national economy, and adding your own snarky commentary? It's obvious what your agenda is...but what is your goal? I can tell you for a fact that the industry I work in can't hire enough people because of how quickly manufacturers are ramping up production. In a new subdivision near my home, houses are being purchased and built at a furious pace after a year of stagnation. That's the type of news that I would think you would want to spread about our community.

You do such a great job sharing new information about Greenville with this forum, please continue to do that.
Because it shows that the spending "stimulus" plans by our congress/leaders have done nothing to help the economy. The only thing they have done is add to the national debt. It's not snarky commentary. It's the truth. The company you work for might be doing well, but most throughout the nation aren't. The Commerce Department report that came out this morning proves that. Notice I also create threads talking about new jobs coming to the area. I post positive and negative news, not one or the other.

Oh and don't worry, I will continue to post new information about Greenville when it becomes available. The only reason I haven't posted anything on that in a while is because there isn't anything to share at this time sadly.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Because it shows that the spending "stimulus" plans by our congress/leaders have done nothing to help the economy. The only thing they have done is add to the national debt. It's not snarky commentary. It's the truth. <snip>
I don't know what your definition of "truth" is, but here is some info for ya:

CBO: Stimulus Lowers Jobless Rate By Up To 1.8 Points - Washington Wire - WSJ

Political Economy - CBO says stimulus may have added 3.3 million jobs

CBO finds stimulus boosted economy - The Hill's On The Money

Old 08-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Jobless claims rise to highest level in 9 months: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...19lGwD9HMLNBO0

Old 08-25-2010, 11:49 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Jobless claims rise to highest level in 9 months: The Associated Press: Jobless claims rise to highest level in 9 months
We were talking about your claim that the stimulus "did nothing to help the economy." And that was "the truth." Obviously the 1.4 to 3.3 million people who the CBO (Yes, Republicans even) say have jobs because of the stimulus money would not agree with your version of the "truth."

BTW, there's a very active politics forum here on city-data where you can get your political ya-ya's out.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:26 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
We were talking about your claim that the stimulus "did nothing to help the economy." And that was "the truth." Obviously the 1.4 to 3.3 million people who the CBO (Yes, Republicans even) say have jobs because of the stimulus money would not agree with your version of the "truth."

BTW, there's a very active politics forum here on city-data where you can get your political ya-ya's out.
However, there are now more people unemployed nationwide than when the current administration took office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies