Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 01:43 PM

52,328 posts, read 34,040,569 times

Advertisements

servant, did you bother to read this very good story that galileosmith linked, from a black publication?

Quote:
This is an embarrassing and dangerous misstep by NAACP leadership, making black people in general look like fools. It is an affront to the likes of the legendary W.E.B. Du Bois, who co-founded this organization 101 years ago. And it makes it harder to be taken seriously when something really happens.
NAACP Out of Line, Out of Touch With Hallmark Card Protest (http://rollingout.com/insiderohome/ro-today/9681-naacp-is-out-of-line-out-of-touch-with-hallmark-card-protest.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,268,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No...the most ignorant group of people are people who believe that you can oppress a race of people for 300 years and then expect it to produce no reactions, no phobias, no poverty, no insecurity about the intentions of whites. That is simply asnine, as well as stupid.

Someone tell me....why after 300 years of being oppressed and denigrated by whites....should black people trust the motives of white people? Would you trust your daugther around someone who had a history of child molestation? Would you be irrational for running to get your child if you saw somthing that evel looked remotely like such a person approaching your child? The person may have totally changed...however...you don't know that....you cannot read minds. Yet.....with a 300 year history of blacks being denigrated and oppressed by whites.....blacks are supposedly stupid and irrational for thinking that whites could possible do something like this.....PLEASE. You all obviously know little about human nature.
You are what I thought all along, a black militant, I knew it!

Old 06-14-2010, 02:29 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,196,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Of course the NAACP is upset about this. It's not like there is anything else going on in the black community worth worrying over like the lack of jobs, gangs, drugs and teen aged pregnancy....
Oh, are the tackling the problems in white society, now?

Old 06-14-2010, 02:46 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,305,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mean fish View Post
Is there a more ignorant collective group of black people on the planet than the NAACP? I saw quite a few black holes in that video, complete voids of all intelligence behind a microphone.
Rappers?

Old 06-14-2010, 02:48 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,196,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Rappers?
Nah, probably those rock n' roll ol fogies

Old 06-14-2010, 02:51 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,124,871 times
Each day , people who didn't care before , are purposely keeping their distance from black people .
If you have to be afraid you might say " black hole " when talking about astronomy to children in front of black people , why talk to black people at all ?

Last edited by Jaymie; 06-14-2010 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: Astronomy

Old 06-14-2010, 02:52 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,069,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Each day , people who didn't care before , are purposely keeping their distance from black people .
If you have to be afraid you might say " black hole " when talking about astrology to children in front of black people , why talk to black people at all ?
No one is forcing you to talk to black people, and since you think all black people think and act the same, than it is probably best you don't

Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,124,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
No one is forcing you to talk to black people, and since you think all black people think and act the same, than it is probably best you don't
I'm sorry you misunderstood.
When people see this display on TV it hurts good black people .
I will try to make it more simple for you next time .

Old 06-14-2010, 02:56 PM

13,628 posts, read 20,692,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
No...the most ignorant group of people are people who believe that you can oppress a race of people for 300 years and then expect it to produce no reactions, no phobias, no poverty, no insecurity about the intentions of whites. That is simply asnine, as well as stupid.

Someone tell me....why after 300 years of being oppressed and denigrated by whites....should black people trust the motives of white people? Would you trust your daugther around someone who had a history of child molestation? Would you be irrational for running to get your child if you saw somthing that evel looked remotely like such a person approaching your child? The person may have totally changed...however...you don't know that....you cannot read minds. Yet.....with a 300 year history of blacks being denigrated and oppressed by whites.....blacks are supposedly stupid and irrational for thinking that whites could possible do something like this.....PLEASE. You all obviously know little about human nature.
I see. Hallmark is carrying on a secret conspiracy to warp young black minds by creating greeting cards with astronomy themes. Gotcha!

Now I trust you will apply these same standards to the Hip Hop industry which utters Black Hos all the time and makes no bones about it.

You and the NAACP are barking mad.

Old 06-14-2010, 02:58 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,069,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I'm sorry you misunderstood.
When people see this display on TV it hurts good black people .
I will try to make it more simple for you next time .
It only hurts good black people, if the individuals think all black people are the same. If someone knows that people are individuals and that an entire race of people don't think the same, they wouldnt hold the actions of some against the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies