Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2010, 04:15 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,229,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Only in Crazyland.
You mean in her head?Yeah, probably, because that's what she said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 04:35 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,647,695 times
Quote:
You have to admit, the media isn't really talking about this at all.
You may want to update your comment to be the American media. American media takes numerous days to tell Americans anything. If you want to know whats happening in the US always look at an international site. How do think most of the links end up on this site? Most are linked outside of the US. You rarely find any linked to a US media site. For example turn to CNN US, its running many of the same stories on cable now for three days.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:44 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,174,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
You may want to update your comment to be the American media. American media takes numerous days to tell Americans anything. If you want to know whats happening in the US always look at an international site. How do think most of the links end up on this site? Most are linked outside of the US. You rarely find any linked to a US media site. For example turn to CNN US, its running many of the same stories on cable now for three days.
You mean our US media isn't telling us what is really going on?

Shocking.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:03 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,647,695 times
Quote:
You mean our US media isn't telling us what is really going on?
Its like 9/11. I got a phone call from Europe from a relative to see if I was OK. I didn't know what they were talking about. My radio was on my desk and the normal news stuff was playing. They told me of the plane crashing into the WTC and I thought they were joking. I ran out to my car and got my portable TV out and there was nothing. It must have been a good 10 minutes that passed when all of a sudden every single station was running the story.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:09 PM

848 posts, read 1,948,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
And she could use a little help from a makeup artist, too.
I think she did get help from a makeup artist - one that works at a funeral home.

Helen Thomas is despicable.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,274,771 times
What a terrible way to end one's career as one approaches death. To be so old and so filled with evil, as if one had learned nothing from history at all...

In sum, this ugly episode makes her pathetic life seem even more worthless.

Truly sad.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:36 PM

24,365 posts, read 22,967,222 times
Imagine Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow when they're 80 years old, yikes.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:49 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,859,702 times
This hurts, from a fellow big lib;

Helen Thomas: Go to the Back of the Room - Swampland - TIME.com

Helen Thomas: Go to the Back of the Room

Her place of honor should be rescinded.

Lanny Davis too;

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/0...her-as-client/

Quote:
“If she had asked all blacks to go back to Africa, what would the White House Correspondents Association’s position be as to whether she deserved WhiteHouse press room credentials – much less a privileged honorary seat?” wrote Davis, referring to Thomas’ seat in the middle of the front row at the White House briefing room.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,827,349 times
Nine Speakers, the agency that represents Helen Thomas, has dropped her as a client. This comes in the wake of controversial remarks on the Middle East.

Thomas gets dropped by agency - On Media - POLITICO.com

Old 06-06-2010, 07:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,460,267 times
I'm not at all surprised there will be hysterics to follow Helen's comments, you have to remember that the entire media is compromised.

Need proof?

Tell me how much you hear in the mainstream media about whats happening in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Oh, thats right, nothing. Now someone like Helen comes along and says something controversial.

Someone in the MM is playing with fire by saying Palestinians are anything but terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies