U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2010, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,003 posts, read 17,067,248 times
Reputation: 3786

Advertisements

Not that excuses the actions the Feds are taking up, just saying...

Ron Paul: Obama facing too much blame on oil spill - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2010, 01:08 PM
 
206 posts, read 181,711 times
Reputation: 53
I can see his point here. I'm not going to be one of those who pin this soley on Obama, it's not his fault this happened. I will complain that he needs to get a fire under his butt and get some people on the scene who can actually do something. BP is trying, no doubt, but we need more federal resources out there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,067 posts, read 78,789,278 times
Reputation: 27668
Well then Obama needs to stop saying it's his fault to the press.
The WH can't MAKE BP stop the leak. The WH can't take the lead on the physical leak.

Let the WH take charge for what it can control...coast prevention and cleanup.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 01:23 PM
 
206 posts, read 181,711 times
Reputation: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well then Obama needs to stop saying it's his fault to the press.
The WH can't MAKE BP stop the leak. The WH can't take the lead on the physical leak.

Let the WH take charge for what it can control...coast prevention and cleanup.
Exactly!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 01:23 PM
 
23,837 posts, read 21,568,987 times
Reputation: 9398
Well, Mr. Paul, the President campaigned on being "everything to everybody." Obama shot himself in the foot with the sky-high rhetoric. I offer not one ounce of sympathy towards Barack Obama for his ill-conceived arrogance and narcissism.

He asked for it, by God Almighty, he's gonna get it. That's what he gets for setting a bar so high that no human can possibly achieve it. The little boy in the White House is finding out what it means to be all talk, and no action. He deserves the criticism.

More experienced leaders would know this. Therein lies the problem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
31,765 posts, read 26,974,515 times
Reputation: 12296
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well then Obama needs to stop saying it's his fault to the press.
I didn't realize, until now, that taking ownership for a debacle, warranted or not and something that few would dare, is somehow a bad thing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,067 posts, read 78,789,278 times
Reputation: 27668
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I didn't realize, until now, that taking ownership for a debacle, warranted or not and something that few would dare, is somehow a bad thing.
He has no right taking ownership of something he cannot control
The physical leak is not in his realm to control. So when BP fails, he's getting the flack.

Let him control what he does own..coastal protection and cleanup.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
 
23,837 posts, read 21,568,987 times
Reputation: 9398
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He has no right taking ownership of something he cannot control
The physical leak is not in his realm to control. So when BP fails, he's getting the flack.

Let him control what he does own..coastal protection and cleanup.
I personally have only painted blame on Obama for being slow in the response. I've never once felt that he is responsible for the slow pace of plugging the hole. But as you said, the coastal protection and cleanup is where I fault him. Oil should not have made it to our coastline. I blame Obama for being slow to make sure that didn't happen. It's too late now. The damage is done to our environment, our coastal tourism, and his Presidency.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM
JPD
 
12,159 posts, read 16,337,938 times
Reputation: 7966
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well then Obama needs to stop saying it's his fault to the press.
I wasn't aware Obama said the oil disaster was his fault. Can you link it for me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2010, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,884 posts, read 30,932,755 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I personally have only painted blame on Obama for being slow in the response. I've never once felt that he is responsible for the slow pace of plugging the hole. But as you said, the coastal protection and cleanup is where I fault him. Oil should not have made it to our coastline. I blame Obama for being slow to make sure that didn't happen. It's too late now. The damage is done to our environment, our coastal tourism, and his Presidency.
I have to agree with you completely on this one. For some reason the TV people keep showing a few hundred BP special employees doing all the work on the coastline and that is just not right. They should be responsible for plugging the leak and our federal government should have been on the holding back of the oil and keeping it off the coasts. So far, nearly every damned thing has been expected from BP .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top