Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:09 PM

814 posts, read 670,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfles View Post
Just because some poster here says they were there does not in any way make it true. I'm not saying they are lying, but how can this be proven? It can't so it is hearsay at this point from that particular poster.
It seems to me like the poster has NOT put any biased slant on his story, and I believe his words appear to be more credible then the sensationalized reporter who was not there. Did the poster just make up the frat boy scenario?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Who is vilifying another race?

People ARE condemning thugs for attacking innocent people...if that is vilifying perhaps it is deserved?
C'mon the ignorant peanut gallery here spoke plenty loud, if you weren't paying attention reread.

If you've ever been to any "event" where there is a mixture of 10,000 people in their teens and 20's you should know there's going to be friction in the air. Especially if there is alcohol/drugs being used. Pretty much common sense if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
It seems to me like the poster has NOT put any biased slant on his story, and I believe his words appear to be more credible then the sensationalized reporter who was not there. Did the poster just make up the frat boy scenario?
Actually he DID put a slant,whether he denies it now or not...he all but blamed some white college kids for it.

Quote:
C'mon the ignorant peanut gallery here spoke plenty loud, if you weren't paying attention reread.
Well it should be VERY easy for you to cut and paste where another race was vilified.

Quote:
If you've ever been to any "event" where there is a mixture of 10,000 people in their teens and 20's you should know there's going to be friction in the air. Especially if there is alcohol/drugs being used. Pretty much common sense if you ask me.
SO you should expect shootings and thuggery wherever young people gather...you hold people to such a high standard.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:27 PM

814 posts, read 670,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Actually he DID put a slant,whether he denies it now or not...he all but blamed some white college kids for it.
Your misinterpreting the post for your own ego. He simply said college kids were involved and were rolling kegs. He did not say they were doing it "intently" towards the black girls. So what if he's laughing at the "frat boys" that got beat up by the younger teens I would be to!

Quote:
Well it should be VERY easy for you to cut and paste where another race was vilified.
I'll save you some time just look up at the title!

Quote:
SO you should expect shootings and thuggery wherever young people gather...you hold people to such a high standard.
I live in reality. Whenever you have 10,000 kids in their teens/20's consuming alcohol and doing drugs I think you can expect the level of thought process to be minimal. These things happen in reality (not sure where you live), to pass off the incident as "ghettoites attack families in Atlanta Park Watching Movie" does not put the story in a fair light and is sensationalism. If you don't see that then you better head back to school!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies