Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Your OP said that more and more listen because:
I don't see that allegation supported in the above links.

Do you really want me to dig up more links....lol

Sometimes there are no stats on how many times the mainstream lies to the people, but I'll find some examples ok.

And after I give some examples will it be ok if I finally take a rest from doing all this homework to prove to you that the mainstream media has been spinning stories and that's one reason why more people are turning to talk radio or alternative media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Do you really want me to dig up more links....lol

Sometimes there are no stats on how many times the mainstream lies to the people, but I'll find some examples ok.

And after I give some examples will it be ok if I finally take a rest from doing all this homework to prove to you that the mainstream media has been spinning stories and that's one reason why more people are turning to talk radio or alternative media.
Sure, if you find unbiased sources that state the mainstream media lies and spins stories to fit their agenda, resulting in "more and more" people turning to talk radio for their news, you can declare yourself the winner.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Sure, if you find unbiased sources that state the mainstream media lies and spins stories to fit their agenda, resulting in "more and more" people turning to talk radio for their news, you can declare yourself the winner.

Russia Today is a very unbiased source of media...this article is about the influence of the mainstream media in America and how they don't always tell the whole story...

Whose news is it anyway? | Untimely Thoughts | Blogs, RT info - RT

'The US badmouths the entire world when it suits its own purposes. In the American mainstream Israel has long been protected, Iraq was once the world's enemy, and now Iran is. Russia refuses to kowtow to western geopolitical and economic interests, so it is covered in the worst possible light. Meanwhile, American-sponsored autocrats and dictators are given a free pass.
For decades Washington and America's media establishment have dumbed down political debate at home - and expected the rest of the world to follow. When this does not happen, it is called anti-Americanism.
This is the standard hypocrisy of a country that habitually lectures others about media freedoms. While this isn't new, the fact that it is now drawing multi-viewpoint commentary in English is.'

watch this video too...
The most trusted journalist in America now is a comedian – media critic - RT

Old 06-07-2010, 06:06 PM

p.s. I listen to Alex Jones and Mark Levin by the way

Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Russia Today is a very unbiased source of media...this article is about the influence of the mainstream media in America and how they don't always tell the whole story...

Whose news is it anyway? | Untimely Thoughts | Blogs, RT info - RT

'The US badmouths the entire world when it suits its own purposes. In the American mainstream Israel has long been protected, Iraq was once the world's enemy, and now Iran is. Russia refuses to kowtow to western geopolitical and economic interests, so it is covered in the worst possible light. Meanwhile, American-sponsored autocrats and dictators are given a free pass.
For decades Washington and America's media establishment have dumbed down political debate at home - and expected the rest of the world to follow. When this does not happen, it is called anti-Americanism.
This is the standard hypocrisy of a country that habitually lectures others about media freedoms. While this isn't new, the fact that it is now drawing multi-viewpoint commentary in English is.'

watch this video too...
The most trusted journalist in America now is a comedian – media critic - RT
Your first link connects to a blog, which is simply someone's OPINION.

Your second link is to an interview with Rory O'Connor who gives his OPINION on the media.

No winner here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies