Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:43 AM
 
Location: Tha 6th Bourough
3,633 posts, read 5,767,925 times
Reputation: 1765

Advertisements

I saw a story on NBC nightly news tonight that made me say, "I already knew this and so did many others, you guys are just now getting it?"

here's what they finally reported tonight on the mainstream media....
Video: 'So much nervousness for investors to ingest'

I'm refering to the people and liberal media outlets who said there was "real" job growth in the spring months.

Back then in Feb and March liberals were all on city-data trying to say how much better the economy has gotten and job growth is strong. We as political atheists kept saying that the job growth back then was from census workers being employed.

What can you say now liberals, after your mainstream liberal media finally comes out with the truth about why there was job growth when people like me who listen to Alex Jones and Mark Levin already knew months ago about the truth?

I am just asking this because months ago people like me were told that we were wearing tin foil hats and being called names. I'm looking for the logical answer of why liberals thought that Obama was telling the truth about "real" job growth back then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2010, 01:12 AM
 
Location: Fort Wayne
470 posts, read 1,151,282 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I saw a story on NBC nightly news tonight that made me say, "I already knew this and so did many others, you guys are just now getting it?"

here's what they finally reported tonight on the mainstream media....
Video: 'So much nervousness for investors to ingest'

I'm refering to the people and liberal media outlets who said there was "real" job growth in the spring months.

Back then in Feb and March liberals were all on city-data trying to say how much better the economy has gotten and job growth is strong. We as political atheists kept saying that the job growth back then was from census workers being employed.

What can you say now liberals, after your mainstream liberal media finally comes out with the truth about why there was job growth when people like me who listen to Alex Jones and Mark Levin already knew months ago about the truth?

I am just asking this because months ago people like me were told that we were wearing tin foil hats and being called names. I'm looking for the logical answer of why liberals thought that Obama was telling the truth about "real" job growth back then
Umm...why would only "liberals" want job growth,OP?
If there are no jobs...then there a fewer purchases,less money to invest and a greater need for social programs.

All of the above affect the entire strata of political ideology,not just a single segment.
You are aware of this,are you not?

If conservatives can't offer jobs,money or solutions..why would anybody elect them?
Or listen to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 01:34 AM
 
952 posts, read 938,263 times
Reputation: 612
Perhaps in the future, to keep up the charade, the Administration could create millions of government job openings for flashlight repairmen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
22,106 posts, read 19,312,195 times
Reputation: 5259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I saw a story on NBC nightly news tonight that made me say, "I already knew this and so did many others, you guys are just now getting it?"

here's what they finally reported tonight on the mainstream media....
Video: 'So much nervousness for investors to ingest'

I'm refering to the people and liberal media outlets who said there was "real" job growth in the spring months.

Back then in Feb and March liberals were all on city-data trying to say how much better the economy has gotten and job growth is strong. We as political atheists kept saying that the job growth back then was from census workers being employed.

What can you say now liberals, after your mainstream liberal media finally comes out with the truth about why there was job growth when people like me who listen to Alex Jones and Mark Levin already knew months ago about the truth?

I am just asking this because months ago people like me were told that we were wearing tin foil hats and being called names. I'm looking for the logical answer of why liberals thought that Obama was telling the truth about "real" job growth back then
Umm what are you talking about?? This was the first & ONLY month that the majority of the job growth was due to the census. In March and April (which is what I assume you were referring to instead of Feb & March) some census jobs were added, but the vast majority of jobs added in those months were NOT due to the census. A little over 20%, approx 110-115k of the 520k jobs that were added between March & April were census related. So we were seeing "real job growth' even if you discount the census numbers for those months.

Now this month is a different story, the majority of the jobs added were census related, and the job totals while positive were not strong once you discount the census workers. That is true However, that was NOT the case in the previous couple months, hence the reason why the so called 'liberal' media is saying the job growth this month is mostly due to the census, but did not say that in previous months because well THATS THE FACTS.

With all due respect you recently admitted in a different thread that you made a mistake and you posted without doing your own research and without viewing the facts. Well you did the exact same thing here. You simply did not view the facts that the census jobs only made up a small portion of job growth in the previous months, and that this was the first and only month the census jobs made up a majority or even a small portion of job growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 03:57 AM
 
Location: Tha 6th Bourough
3,633 posts, read 5,767,925 times
Reputation: 1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Umm what are you talking about?? This was the first & ONLY month that the majority of the job growth was due to the census. In March and April (which is what I assume you were referring to instead of Feb & March) some census jobs were added, but the vast majority of jobs added in those months were NOT due to the census. A little over 20%, approx 110-115k of the 520k jobs that were added between March & April were census related. So we were seeing "real job growth' even if you discount the census numbers for those months.

Now this month is a different story, the majority of the jobs added were census related, and the job totals while positive were not strong once you discount the census workers. That is true However, that was NOT the case in the previous couple months, hence the reason why the so called 'liberal' media is saying the job growth this month is mostly due to the census, but did not say that in previous months because well THATS THE FACTS.

With all due respect you recently admitted in a different thread that you made a mistake and you posted without doing your own research and without viewing the facts. Well you did the exact same thing here. You simply did not view the facts that the census jobs only made up a small portion of job growth in the previous months, and that this was the first and only month the census jobs made up a majority or even a small portion of job growth.

I think the misunderstanding here is because I am referring to how liberals on city-data (back in the spring months) were saying that the economy was getting better and more jobs were being created, and how people like me and some others said jobs would only be created through the census. Now a report on NBC came out today which said what we had been trying to tell liberals back in the days before the census about how the job growth was "not" from having a better economy, but from hiring census workers as we already knew would happen. I am asking why liberals thought that these jobs were being created mainly because they thought the economy was getting better but they said it was not because of the census? My point is that people were arguing because they wanted to support Obama since Obama was telling us the economy is recovering, but people like me knew better than to beleive that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 04:18 AM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
22,106 posts, read 19,312,195 times
Reputation: 5259
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I think the misunderstanding here is because I am referring to how liberals on city-data (back in the spring months) were saying that the economy was getting better and more jobs were being created, and how people like me and some others said jobs would only be created through the census. Now a report on NBC came out today which said what we had been trying to tell liberals back in the days before the census about how the job growth was "not" from having a better economy, but from hiring census workers as we already knew would happen. I am asking why liberals thought that these jobs were being created mainly because they thought the economy was getting better but they said it was not because of the census? My point is that people were arguing because they wanted to support Obama since Obama was telling us the economy is recovering, but people like me knew better than to beleive that.

That is 100% FALSE. The job growth this month was due to the census. However, the job growth during the last few months were NOT due to the census. People were saying the economy was improving and adding jobs, because well we were adding jobs and adding private-sector jobs, and this is what has been reported by the BLS.

Here from last month's BLS report which was released on May 7th

Quote:
In April, nonfarm payroll employment rose by 290,000. Sizable employment gains oc-
curred in manufacturing, professional and business services, health care, and in
leisure and hospitality. Federal government employment increased due to the hiring
of temporary workers for Census 2010. Since December, nonfarm payroll employment
has expanded by 573,000, with 483,000 jobs added in the private sector. The vast
majority of job growth occurred during the last 2 months.
Employment Situation News Release



Scroll down on that a little bit and you will have the job reports for Feb, March, and April, also lists by sector

Based off that report:

In Feb 39,000 jobs added, -23,000 Government, +62,000 Private Sector

In March 230,000 jobs added, +56,000 Government, +174,000 Private Sector

In April 290,000 jobs added, +59,000 Government, +221,000 Private Sector

That is why people were saying the economy was improving and jobs were being added, because well jobs were being added and the VAST MAJORITY were in the Private Sector.

Now, some revisions with the latest data for March & April, but still show the vast majority for those two months were in the Private Sector

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/arch...t_06042010.htm

March 208,000 jobs added, +50,000 Government, +158,000 Private Sector

April 290,000 jobs added, +72,000 Government, +218,000 Private Sector

May 431,000 jobs added, +391,000 Government, +40,000 Private Sector

So the reason why NBC is only reporting on it now, is well because it just happened now. The previous months the job creation was NOT due to the census as Jones, Levin and you suggested, it was due to solid growth in the Private sector. Between 3/4 and 4/5 of the job growth we saw in March & April came from the Private Sector.

Last edited by Smash255; 06-05-2010 at 04:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 07:47 AM
 
Location: texas
3,135 posts, read 3,761,528 times
Reputation: 1814
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
Perhaps in the future, to keep up the charade, the Administration could create millions of government job openings for flashlight repairmen.

Funny Funny, Love it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:14 PM
 
26,680 posts, read 28,567,090 times
Reputation: 7943
Conservatives blame the media for ALL of their problems. It's really pathetic. As the old saying goes, "If you don't like the message, shoot the messenger."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:24 PM
 
3,175 posts, read 3,639,789 times
Reputation: 3747
What difference does it make what any of them say?
We are all in trouble and most people know it.
Is it true that when a census worker is laid off but then rehired, it counts as a new job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
14,810 posts, read 16,148,929 times
Reputation: 33001
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Conservatives blame the media for ALL of their problems. It's really pathetic. As the old saying goes, "If you don't like the message, shoot the messenger."
Nothing could be further from the truth. Conservatives are grateful for the internet and talk radio because we know we won't get the truth anywhere else since the liberal suck-up media is in the tank for Obama and anything liberal. However, even some of the worst of the suck-ups are starting to criticize him now. That shining armor is starting to flake off like dandruff.

Probably very person on here, both conservative and liberal and in between, has experienced the "shoot the messenger" syndrome but conservatives get the worst as that is the "weapon of choice" for many of the liberals on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:17 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top