Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:23 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Translation: I don't like Black people so I'm going to make up a few "facts"

- I feel that Whites are superior so I will just simply refuse to accept the notion that there are more Whites on welfare than Blacks.

- Because I believe that White people are superior they are naturally more generous.

- And last but not least....why can't I tell n----r jokes (in public) without being judged as a racist? Some of my "best friends" are Black

Hey calipoppy, go on and beleive what you want about me. It doesn't matter because I'm white and I'm right!!!

Now this is an example of someone responding to you as a racist, now let me give a real response.

You are brainwashed by what you 'think' every white person thinks about minorities. Have I said anything in any of my threads about people not needing a little help to make it in the world? No I didn't. You're missing the point. If you only knew how it was for me growing up you would see where I'm coming from. But go on and guess about my life from what you see on tv about whitey. Make up whatever responses you like to attack me as liberals and democrats love to do so much on here. It's a waist of time because I guarantee you wouldn't even begin to guess my life and if I hated minorities or not because you have it pre-determined in your head that whites hate minorities...lol...'N-jokes" in public.....that's great!!! Is that what you really got out of my response?....lol

You sir are hilarious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 12:29 AM

Ok I'll disregard all of these programs except the Italian American ones because that's the only one I would qualify for ok?

Now let's take a look at what they offer...

1. Italian Language Study Grants
A matching grant program open to organizations, schools, and community groups that wish to launch or expand the teaching of Italian in their local public or private elementary, intermediate, or high schools. The grant money may be used to purchase teaching materials, pay teacher and/or teacher's aide's salaries, or for any legitimate and academically sound activity that furthers the study of Italian in the school for one academic year. The language program may be held before, after, or during school hours; full or part time.

2. Culture and Heritage Grant Awards
Available to organizations pursuing projects to promote, research, educate, or preserve Italian American culture, history, or heritage. Examples include: documentaries, doctoral research, exhibits, conferences, books, media stereotyping/anti-defamation surveys, campaigns, etc., plays, and course syllabi.

If you read closely it doesn't help anyone except those who plan on promoting Italian American culture. These grants won't help me get a job because I happen to be an Italian American.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Hey calipoppy, go on and beleive what you want about me. It doesn't matter because I'm white and I'm right!!!

Now this is an example of someone responding to you as a racist, now let me give a real response.

You are brainwashed by what you 'think' every white person thinks about minorities. Have I said anything in any of my threads about people not needing a little help to make it in the world? No I didn't. You're missing the point. If you only knew how it was for me growing up you would see where I'm coming from. But go on and guess about my life from what you see on tv about whitey. Make up whatever responses you like to attack me as liberals and democrats love to do so much on here. It's a waist of time because I guarantee you wouldn't even begin to guess my life and if I hated minorities or not because you have it pre-determined in your head that whites hate minorities...lol...'N-jokes" in public.....that's great!!! Is that what you really got out of my response?....lol

You sir are hilarious
And sadly, you are mistaken on many counts....

1) I do not believe that "every" White person is a racist.

2) I do not know (nor care) what every White person thinks about Black people

3) Why do the following obligatory questions always pop up in these debates....."and why can't White people tell Black jokes" or " Why can't White people use the 'N' word"? Why ask for "permission" when you do it already, anyway?

4) Why do certain types of White people love to play the "White Man's Burden" card yet scream "race card" at the top of their lungs the moment a "person of color" challenges the status quo?

5) I have never known any Black person who refers to White people as "whitey".

6) FYI - I am not a "sir"

Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And sadly, you are mistaken on many counts....

1) I do not believe that "every" White person is a racist.

2) I do not know (nor care) what every White person thinks about Black people

3) Why do the following obligatory questions always pop up in these debates....."and why can't White people tell Black jokes" or " Why can't White people use the 'N' word"? Why ask for "permission" when you do it already, anyway?

4) Why do certain types of White people love to play the "White Man's Burden" card yet scream "race card" at the top of their lungs the moment a "person of color" challenges the status quo?

5) I have never known any Black person who refers to White people as "whitey".

6) FYI - I am not a "sir"
In regards to number 5, you have no idea how many times i've heard it. I hear it all the time in Philadelphia (the city, not the suburbs) when I used to go there to hang out with my best friend, and when I would tell my, back then black classmates that I was Hispanic and born in Puerto Rico, then they would feel comfortable talking about "whitey"

Old 06-07-2010, 02:10 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
In regards to number 5, you have no idea how many times i've heard it. I hear it all the time in Philadelphia (the city, not the suburbs) when I used to go there to hang out with my best friend, and when I would tell my, back then black classmates that I was Hispanic and born in Puerto Rico, then they would feel comfortable talking about "whitey"
It may be an issue of socioeconomic "class" more than "race" because I have never heard any members of my family or friends (even acquaintances) refer to White people as "whitey". We just call White people "White people".

Old 06-07-2010, 06:55 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
typical lib comeback
Quote:
I've seen the pattern many a time here. Instead of liberals looking for information to rebut the claims of whomever, the answer's almost always, I don't believe you links please.
Well, in this case you are right! I do not believe that there are any government benefits available just for blacks. Perhaps you, or the poster who made that claim, can enlighten me.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:26 AM

412 posts, read 404,861 times
What I'm interested in hearing is why it's only accusations against whites that are considered "the race card". Why didn't anyone accuse Glenn Beck of playing the race card when he said that Obama hated white people? Why isn't "the race card" brought up whenever somebody says something along the lines of "blacks are the REAL racists" or "whites are the true victims of racism"?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:48 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,155,652 times
Quote:
This is exactly the point of this thread. To expose people who make comments like this when all I'm doing is giving facts.

You don't even know me and think I'm some kind of racist without knowing my life. You base it on your predetermined notions that all whites hate you if you are black, but they just conceal the hate in public places.

It doesn't even matter what anyone says when they debate race with people like you because you already have it in your mind that people hate blacks when they discuss anything to do with race.
The shoe fits, Cinderella.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinestone View Post
The shoe fits, Cinderella.

It fits like a rhinestone cowboy...lol...you go on and beleive what u want ok...because when we all die the truth will be revealed

Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Since people on here claim that those who disagree with President Obama are doing it because the President is Black, well wake up because we have more and more people of all colors seeing through the government takeover that Obama and his administration are taking part in....

YouTube - Mark Levin Interviews Stephen A. Smith
So sorry but I will always call out racists no matter how many times racist Republicans scream about using the "Race Card"....it's their weak defense to try to hide their rather obvious racism.

Your OP example is Racist .

Why would blacks criticizing Obama prove anything except that some black people are criticizing Obama ???? It's racism to think that all blacks should agree with Obama because he is black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies