Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 PM

102 posts, read 127,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
I think Obama is going to top Bush as a bad president.

Who do you guys think is worse?
What's worse, Cancer (Obama) or a minimum wage job (Bush)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,186,726 times
Quote:

he is already far worse than Bush or Carter
I do not think he will finish his term, I think he will end up being run out of town along with all the other hack and hucksters~

Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,217,898 times
Both are bad Presidents but Bush is by far the worst President because he created the mess Obama has to deal with. Bush is arguably the worst President of all time. He got us into a war. He helped create the housing mess because of the deregulation that occurred. He did nothing to offset the outsourcing of jobs overseas and in fact encouraged it. Obama is bad in how he is handling the mess Bush created. Obama has not increased jobs nor has he done anything to curtail outsourcing of jobs. He has saddled this country with a huge health care reform bill. He has not withdrawn troops or done anything to end the war despite running on the platform of being an anti-war President. Obama has done nothing with regard to immigration reform. I just hope the country is smart and votes for Romney in 2012.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:31 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,104,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisbeatishot View Post
It astounds me that people think that Obama is a better president than Bush thus far. Simply amazing.
He's so much better, there's no comparison. You righties try to pretend that Bush left the country in great shape and that Obama caused this financial crisis. What, you have no memory? Who invaded Iraq based on lies? Who deregulated the financial industry to the point they were able to run the country into the ground? Who wasted all our surplus on a stupid war that wasn't needed? Huh? WHO? His name sure isn't Obama!

It'll take Obama's entire first term to get this country turned around from the mess Bush and Republicans caused!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:46 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,140,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Bush took our economy from the strongest it's ever been to the worst in only 8 years. It takes a real dummy to pull that off.

srongest?

I highly doubt that. strongest means very little goverment involvement and not much goverment taxation too. our economy has not been strong since the 1950's.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:51 PM

24,455 posts, read 33,141,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
He's so much better, there's no comparison. You righties try to pretend that Bush left the country in great shape and that Obama caused this financial crisis. What, you have no memory?
Obama is much better at overspending.

Quote:
Who invaded Iraq based on lies?
No one.

Quote:
Who deregulated the financial industry to the point they were able to run the country into the ground? Who wasted all our surplus on a stupid war that wasn't needed? Huh? WHO? His name sure isn't Obama!
What surplus? The national debt increase by $1 trillion during the '90s.

Quote:
It'll take Obama's entire first term to get this country turned around from the mess Bush and Republicans caused!
Some people never learn. I suggest you read up on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:31 PM

10,876 posts, read 13,762,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
srongest?

I highly doubt that. strongest means very little goverment involvement and not much goverment taxation too. our economy has not been strong since the 1950's.
Yes, strongest.
During the clinton admin, he gave america the highest government surplus the country has ever seen, along with the lowest unemployment numbers.

FactCheck.org: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased? (http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/during_the_clinton_administration_was_the_federal. html - broken link)

Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,060,745 times
Quote:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,060,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Obama is much better at overspending.
Yeah - not really.

Bush wasn't a fiscal conservative. How do you take the largest surplus in U.S. history and turn it into the largest deficit in U.S. history and not consider him to be spending irresponsibly as well?

Are you really any better than those praising Obama?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,812,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, so now the right wants to decouple 9/11 and Iraq? How - convenient.

It was the Bush administration's decision to launch Iraq with 9/11 as justification, and their agitprop was so successful that a good part of their core constituency still thinks the two events were linked. I see no reason to cut GWB and his cronies any slack on that. Their decision, their responsibility.
I am simply talking about how much 9-11 actually cost this nation and the affect that would have on any surplus or debt.

Bush did not invade Iraq alone. He had the vote of many democrats including our current Vp and Sec of state.

I am not talking about Iraq but the cost of 9-11 inside the nation would have on our debt /budget surplus

Oh yeah I am a former Left turned either side but about the constitution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies