Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 12:10 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
In my own opinion Bill Maher is one of very few that put the country first. He is willing to rip Bush or Obama just as easy when they are at fault and will also credit them appropriately when they do something well. He even sided with Sarah Palin the other night saying that he thinks the author is wrong for moving next door to her and she should have some right to privacy. Guys like Hannity, Rush, and Beck seam alot more focused on the Republican agenda than what is best for the country. The one thing people have to realize is that no party will ever be 100% correct. Any thoughts?
I have heard both if these guys speak out against the president when they thought he was wrong or was screwing things up. but most of the time I think they give their guy a lot of slack on most issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 12:27 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
Why wouldn't you give your guy some slack? That's what we all do. If we didn't, he wouldn't be our guy.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Maher, as compared to Limbaugh doesn't have one particular political party. I've seen him hit Democrats just as hard as Republicans.

And I don't hear anyone calling Bill Maher the voice of the Democratic party. And Maher isn't nearly as hypocritical as Limbaugh.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:11 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,971 times
Quote:
Do Bill Maher, Rush Limbaugh or any other political talk show host put the country ahead of their political party?

In my own opinion Bill Maher is one of very few that put the country first. He is willing to rip Bush or Obama just as easy when they are at fault and will also credit them appropriately when they do something well. He even sided with Sarah Palin the other night saying that he thinks the author is wrong for moving next door to her and she should have some right to privacy. Guys like Hannity, Rush, and Beck seam alot more focused on the Republican agenda than what is best for the country. The one thing people have to realize is that no party will ever be 100% correct. Any thoughts?

Most of them (Limbaugh, Beck etc) put the effort to increase their own popularity (and wealth) before both political ideology or the best interest of the country. Whatever sells them to a audience, they are on it, with opinions, both true, false or some point in between.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:49 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I can tell you 2 people that I know for a fact don't give a s.... about America:

Rush Limbaugh = Loves Costa Rica more than the US
Limbaugh: I'll move to Costa Rica
Do you still believe that myth?
He said he would use Costa Ricas health services, not live there.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:05 PM

412 posts, read 404,978 times
Quote:
With pundits, seeing their opposition fail is more important than seeing their country succeed. Beck or Limbaugh would prefer to see Obama's policies crash and burn, taking America with them, than see his policies succeed to the benefit of the country.

Old 06-06-2010, 02:59 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
With pundits, seeing their opposition fail is more important than seeing their country succeed. Beck or Limbaugh would prefer to see Obama's policies crash and burn, taking America with them, than see his policies succeed to the benefit of the country.
Spot on.

Roysoldboy,

Your man-cush with Beck is getting annoying. Could you please just go back to bashing everything left, and leave Beck alone for a bit?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
I think Hannity, Rush and Glennie's allegiance is to their paychecks. Maher, Jon Stewart etc. will always be the way they are

Old 06-06-2010, 03:27 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,434 times
I agree that the large majority of these talking heads (both sides) largely put their own earning potential and ratings WAY above anything to do with their political party or their country.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:28 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,687 times
Quote:
Nancy Pelosi is in politics and not a host.Sorry but you are already showing a bias.
On the contrary , Pelosi put's on a show every chance she get's .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies