Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
That's all you got, f-bob?
Moderates always have difficulty with the fringe, in either Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 06:01 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I'm not sure anybody still respects Obama anymore. Foreign leaders don't. The right doesn't. I think the left tolerates him but is losing patience with him and will blame him for their failed policies.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:10 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Dig a bit deeper than one cherry picked article and you will realize the diversity of views.

It always amazes me how people think ONE article confirms EVERYTHING.
So True.

In the article I found
"Perhaps Obama's toughest critic over the BP oil slick has been James "Rajin' Cajun" Carville, the mastermind of Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign and one of those Democrats who represents the beating heart of the party. He blasted Obama's "political stupidity" and "hands off" attitude, concluding: "It seems the President is madder at his critics than he is at BP." "

I decided to Google James Carville Obama BP and came up with a slew of articles which were USA based, not foreign. Pretty much all had similar views.

BP Oil Spill Becoming Political Headache for Obama? Some Democrats Slam White House Response - ABC News
"The White House is seemingly making an increased show of pressuring BP, but President Obama is facing political heat from within his own party for what some say has been a lackluster response to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. "

I hate to use the term 'fortunate' when describing the Bush/Katrina debacle, but Bush was fortunate given the magnitude of the Obama handling of the BP oil spill crisis whilch will be far greater on millions more people as well as the ecosystem and our economy. A month plus later, and a few plane rides to the Gulf and we've yet to see the President come down hard on BP. He's overdue. One decent hurricane and this ecological disaster will be even bigger.

This ain't spilled milk, Barack.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm not sure anybody still respects Obama anymore. Foreign leaders don't. The right doesn't. I think the left tolerates him but is losing patience with him and will blame him for their failed policies.
I doubt any foreign leaders ever did. While Obama was campaigning to the world and his followers were swooning, they failed to realize that our adversaries were not respectful, but salivating at the idea of such a weakling in the Oval Office.
Even Biden said before he was selected VP that it wouldn't be six months before Obama was tested by the world. He was measured and found wanting.

I believe you are correct in that the left will ultimately blame him for their failures.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,836 times
how does blaming barak obama make our society better?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
how does blaming barak obama make our society better?
How does blaming Bush?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:32 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
How does blaming Bush?
Think about it

Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Unlike the republicans who refused to fault Bush in his 8 miserable years, supporters of democrats are honest and will speak up when we think the one we support is not doing enough. If our country (including the right) was honest all along, then maybe Bush wouldn't have been able to sink us as low as we are now.
LOL

And yet you didn't include one single act of "speaking up" in your post. Does that mean that you don't actually have any gripes with the Obama Administration, although you proclaim that you're very willing to let us know that when you have one?

What a farce you people are.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Think about it
Try putting my reply to the question into correct context and address it directly instead of attempting to divert.

Real leaders are too busy solving problems to point fingers. Only the weak and ineffective resort to the blame game.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Real leaders are too busy solving problems to point fingers. Only the weak and ineffective resort to the blame game.
Obama has taken the "blame game" to a new--and pathetic--level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies