Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:40 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,150,153 times

Advertisements

It wasn't an American Idol tryout or a performance at La Scala. The man has a decent, albeit an aging and untrained tenor voice and sang from his heart at a Tea Party rally. I thought it pretty impressive he could even hit the high notes since most people do not have the vocal range to sing the National Anthem and still sound half way good. It's just a damn shame that people on this forum cannot appreciate the love of country this man was expressing. It speaks poorly of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 09:42 PM

1,859 posts, read 3,410,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
That crowd would not know a bad song if they heard it. Probably not 20 teeth among the bunch.
Funny, I don't see you "logic". No Code Pink or "How Berkeley Can You Be", folks there.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:43 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,338,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
did ya see the I have no doubt the man sang from his heart.

Wow!

You really don't have a clue.

This is the ORIGINAL version.

It is not something fabricated, just yesterday.

Although it is clear, you had/have no clue there was more than one verse to the Star Spangled Banner. Your still not willing to admit your ignorance?

Old 06-06-2010, 09:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,132,497 times
Quote:
try marvin gaye's version if you want beautiful
Does old Marv include this second verse? I think not but then you two are doing a great job of changing the topic of the thread right here.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Isn't it disrespectful to change the words to our national anthem?
Godamighty Ozzie the fact that you don't know that we don't use that second verse doesn't make it disrespectful to sing it. I know it is hard for a number of you to understand that Francis Scott Key really did write the song a bit longer than we use but probably him knowing about God is what bothers you people most.

I think you may be able to find the whole song sometime on some search engine. The first time I knew about that verse somebody googled it. Try it, you may learn something that atheists don't really want to see.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Isn't it disrespectful to change the words to our national anthem?
Ozzie, here is a chance to look at all the words of the Star Spangled Banner as Key wrote it. Look it over and see which parts you just can't stand so you can pick out the parts you can accept.

The Star Spangled Banner

Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 PM

18,325 posts, read 18,905,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Wow!

You really don't have a clue.

This is the ORIGINAL version.

It is not something fabricated, just yesterday.

Although it is clear, you had/have no clue there was more than one verse to the Star Spangled Banner. Your still not willing to admit your ignorance?

I do know there is more than one verse to the song. always have

Old 06-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You can thank Woodrow Wilson for removing the additional verses.
Surely the man who Beck keeps calling a progressive wouldn't be the one who removed the words that progs can't accept. Of course, he was involved and for obvious reasons.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
our anthem is beautiful and stirring however I found this man's reasons to be more about showing off his voice than his point of god in the lyrics. it just seemed disingenuous and more about opportunity to sing than content. for me I would have been more moved had he spoken the words.

YouTube - Marvin Gaye sings American National Anthem
There are two more lines after the line you don't like in that verse. Please stop the crap before you get your ignorance more in view.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Just an old man stuck in the past..

If that guy wants to sing about God why doesn't he do it in a church?
Another atheist prog is heard from. You poor man you can't change the subject into something you like but keep trying so we can see who you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies