Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you for passing the unemployment extension bill HR 4213?
yes, Obama should have declared it as emergency funding 45 45.92%
yes, if the paygo rule is met 5 5.10%
possibly, but it needs reworking 5 5.10%
no, people have collected enough unemployment 43 43.88%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 09:55 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times

Advertisements

Hey.I am one of the great unwashed unemployed now...leave me alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 PM

I actually believe we might as well go to the same systems as you have in the UK and Australia.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:13 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I actually believe we might as well go to the same systems as you have in the UK and Australia.
Please explain first what you believe those systems are. (I am only familiar with the Australian system btw, not UK)

Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
Oh yea! That's going to make the house and car payment!

If you're a little resourceful, you can make more money while on UEI than while working. Lots of people here work under the table while collecting UEI and buy steak and lobster with their Bridge cards. I work for a living so I have to settle for the dollar menu at Checkers.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post
$8.25 an hour to risk your life, No thanks.
I do not think you understand what I do at all. I work in an upscale office building that is locked up. I work overnights (I am working now). If there was a problem, I am instructed to call my patrol driver supervisor who is armed to take care of it. In other words, my job is not dangerous at all. My job is very easy so I do not understand why you could not do something like it.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
NorCal77, I do not agree that UE is helping the recovery.

UE is helping people survive, not recover.
And worse, it's keeping them happy with the status quo and ever grateful to the same globalist politicians that caused this mess.

Sure they're happy and well-fed, and can pay their bills and shop at Walmart but the government is out of money. It's time for a change - and instead of demanding free money, people need to demand jobs, the end of globalism and unlimited and uncontrolled immigration.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I do not think you understand what I do at all. I work in an upscale office building that is locked up. I work overnights (I am working now). If there was a problem, I am instructed to call my patrol driver supervisor who is armed to take care of it. In other words, my job is not dangerous at all. My job is very easy so I do not understand why you could not do something like it.
But sadly enough - there are those who are living off handouts that look down on people like yourself who work for a mere $8.25 an hour. They're too good to work for those kinds of wages, however they'll vote for the politicians that brought all this about.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:13 AM

814 posts, read 670,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And worse, it's keeping them happy with the status quo and ever grateful to the same globalist politicians that caused this mess.

Sure they're happy and well-fed, and can pay their bills and shop at Walmart but the government is out of money. It's time for a change - and instead of demanding free money, people need to demand jobs, the end of globalism and unlimited and uncontrolled immigration.
you really think the unemployed are happy?? most make a 1/3 of what they used to, lost their retirement,health care,homes,cars,material possessions,and in some instances their kids to their wife/husband that divorced them! Let's not even talk about the stress levels! You honestly do not have a clue. Many of us have contacted our representatives and major media and STILL don't have fair representation for job creation! To boot no one knows where they're headed half the time with the disorganized extensions that have come out and don't have the money to pay all their bills, yet you think everyone is happy. To say we that IS more than insensitive.

Free money? I think you forget UE is unemployment INSURANCE that many have paid into for DECADES! We are not talking WELFARE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But sadly enough - there are those who are living off handouts that look down on people like yourself who work for a mere $8.25 an hour. They're too good to work for those kinds of wages, however they'll vote for the politicians that brought all this about.
Many people cannot afford to get by on $8.25/hr despite consolidating all of our personal items! That is $330 per weak BEFORE taxes! I said I'd work for it because I am out of UE, but I still would have to collect cans. WAKE UP!

If you think the GOP's will turn this economy around your mistaken! They will use this opportunity to consolidate the middle class even more! In my eyes they are acting inhumane on an emergency issue. Splash some cold water on your face!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
they continue to delay. they know very well those jobs are gone. the other shoe will drop when the UIB stops. dont buy a house car or sign for a student loan, tis guna get ugly soon.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Please explain first what you believe those systems are. (I am only familiar with the Australian system btw, not UK)
The dole...if you are unemployed you get the dole.No time restrictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies