Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 08:07 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Links?
links to what?

It was democrats that started the term African American, that is a widely known fact...

the reasoning behind the term coming into existence is my personal belief from my experiences dealing with dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:08 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
The liberals that started the term African American as meaning black people that were born in America..

The liberals that want to keep black people as a subculture and not consider them full americans.
In other words, you are referring to a group of people who do not exist.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
The liberals that started the term African American as meaning black people that were born in America..

The liberals that want to keep black people as a subculture and not consider them full americans.
I'm a bit curious here. A while back, I was chased all over this forum by a young lady who referred to herself as "African American" because I typed the word "black" in a discussion. She was absolutely rabid and accused me of being an ignorant racist for not using the term African American. Well hell. I'm perfectly willing to call people whatever they want to call themselves and didn't mean to offend, but she kept on and on.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
In other words, you are referring to a group of people who do not exist.
Well if you say that Democrats don't exist.. well, I am not sure where you get that idea from.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Well if you say that Democrats don't exist.. well, I am not sure where you get that idea from.
No, I'm saying something much more fundamental: Almost every assertion you have made on this thread has been a lie.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
This is funny... I see very few conservatives on here.. typically it is the racist, bigoted left-wing people on here shouting at the conservatives, and calling them names, and spreading lies.
Stereotype much?

Old 06-07-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'm a bit curious here. A while back, I was chased all over this forum by a young lady who referred to herself as "African American" because I typed the word "black" in a discussion. She was absolutely rabid and accused me of being an ignorant racist for not using the term African American. Well hell. I'm perfectly willing to call people whatever they want to call themselves and didn't mean to offend, but she kept on and on.
the term African American was encouraged by jessie jackson to be used by many black americans in and around 1988. Some black people do prefer to use that term. If that is what they prefer, than all the more power to them. We don't like the term African American being used, because we feel it is just another way to keep black people separate from whites. We feel it is a way to say, hey black people, yes we will admit you are an american, but only hyphenated.

As I tell people, my children who are still in elementary school will tell tell people that call them african american... that they are not african in any way, they have never been to africa, they never plan on going to africa, and they were born in america.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
No, I'm saying something much more fundamental: Almost every assertion you have made on this thread has been a lie.
you claim it is a lie, but you cant seem to provide proof.. but, that is ok.. I am used to the libby whites making claims and not being able to back it up.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:

Wow, talk about hater.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Stereotype much?
yes I do.. I freely admit, that from my personal experiences I have came to stereotype the Dems as racists and bigots. If one day they prove me wrong, than so be it, but until than, I will continue with my beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies