Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:36 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times

Advertisements

Name one pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, pro marriage between 1 man and 1 woman, pro smaller government politician or public figure who is also open about their faith/belief in God/Jesus that you do not think is "stupid." Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Name one pro-life, pro-2nd amendment, pro marriage between 1 man and 1 woman, pro smaller government politician or public figure who is also open about their faith/belief in God/Jesus that you do not think is "stupid." Thanks
Upon reading this, the first thing that comes to my mind is a question. Why do so many people think that the points you list are an "all or nothing" proposition? That is - it seems most of the left will reject every single one of them, and most who call themselves "conservatives" will embrace each and every one.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Upon reading this, the first thing that comes to my mind is a question. Why do so many people think that the points you list are an "all or nothing" proposition? That is - it seems most of the left will reject every single one of them, and most who call themselves "conservatives" will embrace each and every one.
I dunno, why not start a thread about it? In the mean time would you mind answering my question? Thanks

Old 06-07-2010, 09:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Crickets, just as expected. You won't find many liberals who acknowledge anything pro-life. You want find many liberals who acknowledge anything pro-religion. And those who do acknowledge either one hide behind the excuse that "we don't like abortion" and "we believe in God too" all they want, but the truth is that if you're not pro-life, then you sanction abortion. Period. And to sanction abortion is to not be in God' good graces. Period.

I believe they know this, so they stay quiet for fear of being called out for the hypocrites that they are.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:

give me a list and I'll comment.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:14 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Because if you go by the input of many posters here it is an "all or nothing" proposition.

Unfortunately many of those on here know politics only as a theoretical class or as, at the most, a low level envelope stuffer for a candidate. They have no first hand knowledge of the reality of politics.

To see how closed minded and out of touch some are read over the responses from a few "liberals" in the Elton John performs at Rush Limbaugh's wedding thread.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 06-07-2010 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Gerald R. Ford comes to mind but there are actually quite a few "old school" conservative republicans that I admire for one reason or another, even though I don't agree with their stand of Pro-Choice or gay rights, etc. It's only been in the last few years or so that the ultra-conservatives have been running the 3rd stringer nitwits. A political figure can have all the brains in the world but if they use them to be mean-spirited, nasty and divisive, then they rightly can be classified as stupid.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Charles Krauthammer, Thomas Sowell, Antonin Scalia.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
I dunno, why not start a thread about it? In the mean time would you mind answering my question? Thanks
O.......K

I thought I would try to make this a little more interesting with a little more depth. Don't hold your breath if you are waiting for the left to name names and that's all you want.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
I don't think you will get many serious answers as this board is flooded with loud right-wing people, outnumbering liberals 5:1, at least, which is no secret. You can observe it in any political threads, there are a few liberals being shouted down by hordes of conservatives including some partisan moderators...

I don't understand your question anyway. Are you asking for the names of conservative politicians disguising as liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies