Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Morning Bell: Why Obama’s Stimulus Failed | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Quote:
President Obama does not have a secret vault of money he can just throw at the American people. The resources the government spends come from the economy. When the government increases spending, it crowds out the resources that business owners could have invested in their enterprises. Private investment falls sharply when government spending rises.
Here's something to ponder;

Quote:
despite an unemployment high of just 6.4%, more jobs were lost in the first seven quarters of the 2001 recession than were lost in the first seven quarters of this recession.
Bet not many people knew THAT little fact.

msnbc tv- msnbc.com

"Stimulus not well thought out".

No way!

Quote:
Keynesian economist Jeffrey Sachs says “the stimulus failed
Watch the video at MSNBC and LOOK at the faces of the dems sitting around the table.

Obama promised if we spent $1 Trillion dollars on the stimulus, UE would NOT rise above 8%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
The "stimulus" can do nothing but fail.
Government was instituted to secure rights, and govern those who consent.
Government makes nothing but more government.
Government gives nothing, but that which was taken from someone else.
Government cannot grant rights, only privileges - which usually involve the surrender of rights.
Making government bigger, with more power, and more revenue, is a recipe for disaster.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I never expected it to work.
-The government does not "create" jobs except for government jobs
-The entire bill was not spent..BTW what happened to the rest of that money ?
-The projects it funded were pork, not the infrastructure renovations promised before that sucker got signed.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:59 PM

We knew it wouldn't work.

It was really nothing more than a liberal laundry list of pet projects and pork barrel spending.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,694 times
As an independent, I totally agree. As far as I'm concerned, the stimulus was a total flop. I always felt that a lot of that money was payback money for the recent election at the time.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:15 PM

But more of that payback is expected. Like bailing out the pension funds of the unions and bailing out the teacher's unions.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,728 times
Quote:
President Obama does not have a secret vault of money he can just throw at the American people. The resources the government spends come from the economy. When the government increases spending, it crowds out the resources that business owners could have invested in their enterprises. Private investment falls sharply when government spending rises.

Please explain for those who are not as conservative minded as yourself and willing to believe whatever they read that slams Obama. These resources come from the economy eventually when the debt has to be paid back, but not at the time that stimulus is being used. And besides, most of the stimulus I've seen here in Central Ohio is infrastructure, wherein the government pays private business to complete a job. That's why it's called stimulus. Got it?

I think you guys completely fail to realize that this country was on the verge of financial collapse in September of 2008, before Obama even came into office. A collapse not seen since the 1930s. What was Obama supposed to do - watch unemployment rise to 15%, but still lower taxes for the rich? If he's done everything wrong, please tell us what is right.

And Obama did lower taxes, so don't go there.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:19 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,349,093 times
"failed stimulus failed"? Ha! Long time since I had to diagram sentence structure but isn't this an effective use of one word as an adjective and a verb?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
WHY obama's Failed Stimulus Failed -from The department Of redundancy department.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:41 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,066,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
"failed stimulus failed"? Ha! Long time since I had to diagram sentence structure but isn't this an effective use of one word as an adjective and a verb?
It certainly caught my eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies