Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
When you would argue with people what was your talking points just wondering? I ask because if you voted for him basically because it was cool.

Well I am glad you woke up and hope you dont make that mistake again just voting for the person you think it cool

I feel so many trusted in Obama's words of a new era of HOPE AND CHANGE, he was going to bring a different feel to D.C. YEA RIGHT. Brought a new feel allright, with his thugs in the administration. So many saw a glimmer of hope, and now the only hope so many have, is to pray for some NEW CHANGE.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
I know many democratic friends who had voted for him, hoping for truly some really good change, and a new hope for our Country. They have seen their dreams go right down hill. I have many friends that are not only embaressed, but dang right mad, that they fell for all the hoopla. During the Campaign Trial, he was all about being SUGAR AND HONEY, after he got elected, he turned to VINEGAR mighty fast.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
what surprised most supporters was the heavy spending i see a one term president in the making. bottom line-- no new jobs and monster new debt, major broken campaign promises.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
um seriously? That's because McCain IS a Republican. He wouldn't have listened to the Democrats.
Seriously.
Nobody in their right mind should have listened to the Democrats, but in McCain's case, it would have been easier.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,952,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know many democratic friends who had voted for him, hoping for truly some really good change, and a new hope for our Country. They have seen their dreams go right down hill. I have many friends that are not only embaressed, but dang right mad, that they fell for all the hoopla. During the Campaign Trial, he was all about being SUGAR AND HONEY, after he got elected, he turned to VINEGAR mighty fast.
Blinded by the sensationalism and those flashy props, eh?
What strategic symbolism and oratory skill can do for some.
I bet their mad.
It must be pretty infuriating to really know you were taken for a fool.
OOPS.
PT Barnum knew they could always be counted on through procreation.
He called them SUCKERS and with one born every minute......BO's win was a given.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
If McCain wasn't the Republican candidate Obama would have had a harder time getting elected. Conservatives just held their nose and voted for McCain. RINO.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:44 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,200,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
um seriously? That's because McCain IS a Republican. He wouldn't have listened to the Democrats.
McCain is a RINO and is well known for working "across the aisle". Remember McCain-Feingold and the failed McCain-Kennedy amnesty plan? He would have listened to Democrats. With a Democrat controlled Congress, he would have no choice.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:36 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodburger100 View Post
I voted for Obama in 2008 and had such high hopes for him. I have only voted in one other election and am a young man but I really thought Obama would have been doing a better job. I am embarrassed when I think about where I was and what I was doing two years ago. I bought an Obama t-shirt and everytime I would wear it I would get fist bumps and high fives from people at the grocery store. Everyone I knew wanted Obama to be the next president and this made it easy for me to connect with people. At the time, it was cool to like Obama and it brought people together. We would argue with anyone who did not like Obama and would think they were just stupid. I now avoid some of those same people I would argue with. I look back on my behavior during the 2008 year and just feel embarrassed about it.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain" Winston Churchill

Your brains took over and you shouldn't be emberrassed...the people who are still in denial just because the empty suit act's "cool"...should be emberrassed!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Hmmm...2 posts....registered this month?

Who were you before you were banned?
They do it all the time. You can tell exactly right off. They know a lot about what has been discussed over a long period of time but only have like 20 or 30 rep points. Most of the time they immediately go into racial or Homophobic rants. What a bunch of cowards.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:25 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodburger100 View Post
I voted for Obama in 2008 and had such high hopes for him. I have only voted in one other election and am a young man but I really thought Obama would have been doing a better job. I am embarrassed when I think about where I was and what I was doing two years ago. I bought an Obama t-shirt and everytime I would wear it I would get fist bumps and high fives from people at the grocery store. Everyone I knew wanted Obama to be the next president and this made it easy for me to connect with people. At the time, it was cool to like Obama and it brought people together. We would argue with anyone who did not like Obama and would think they were just stupid. I now avoid some of those same people I would argue with. I look back on my behavior during the 2008 year and just feel embarrassed about it.
I like how you haven't listed anything in particular,just that now you dislike Obama. Thats fine. I wouldn't want a President that was in office just to get another term. He has a job to do. A very tough situation that is not of his own doing and thats OK he knew that when he ran. I want him to just keep plugging away. He will lose some votes but he will gain some also. People in the tea party voted for palin anyway so their vote doesn't matter for Obama. So good for you vote for palin/beck 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies