Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still purchase gas at BP?
I see no problem with it 43 59.72%
HECK NO! 29 40.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,460 times

Advertisements

Ya..... not pumping gas at a private local owned station that has a sign that happens to says "BP" will show BP Corp that you are serious. Instead go across the street and buy BP oil products instead sold under a different name !

That'll show em.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
I don't buy gas in the first place, but if I did, I'd buy it at whichever station had a reasonable price, that was reasonably close to where I was.

If I was buying gas, I have a 7-11, BP, and Shell to choose from. Shell's prices are usually the highest, so it would probably be whichever one was cheaper of the other two. I don't boycott businesses.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:42 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't buy gas in the first place, but if I did, I'd buy it at whichever station had a reasonable price, that was reasonably close to where I was.

If I was buying gas, I have a 7-11, BP, and Shell to choose from. Shell's prices are usually the highest, so it would probably be whichever one was cheaper of the other two. I don't boycott businesses.
And they ALL sell gas/fuel that came from the same refinery supplied with oil from ALL THE OIL PRODUCERS together. It's one big mixed pot..... There is no such thing as oil refinery separation for every fuel franchise out there..... which too many seem to think is just the case.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:19 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Boycotts are nonsense and generally dont work.........Bp is going to be paying for this for years, you will see them start a whole new campaign to improve their image. Look, it is what it is , the gulf will get back to normal much sooner than all the dooms sayers say it will, and we will hopefully use this as a positive for invention and progress in dealing with this sort of accident. I support Bp and support continued drilling and improved technology.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:48 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS1 View Post
I'm talking about boycotting the GAS. The local stations won't get hit that hard if what you're saying about the small profits on gas is true. Feel free to go inside and purchase whatever you want if you feel the need to support them.
The only reason many stores carry gas is because it brings in customers. BP is just going to sell the gas to other stores that aren't branded anyway.

You are not going to do a thing to BP's bottom line, as stated you will only hurt your local economy.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:54 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,641,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do we know yet what caused the original explosion? I need to hear from an investigation (rule out) that it wasn't sabotage by a) a disgruntled employee; b) another oil company; c) the federal government looking to push an environmental/energy agenda; or d) some eco-terrorist group against offshore drilling before I blame BP for killing 11 employees, the economy of the Gulf states, the wildlife in the Gulf and their own business.
I am pretty sure they think the explosion was caused by methane crystals forming on the inside of the pipe, as it rose up and the sea pressure lessened the pressure from the methane inside the pipe blew it out.

This was also one of the reason they pulled the big containment dome off, methane crystals started forming.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:07 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS1 View Post
It makes no sense to me. BP is totally destroying the Gulf of Mexico(soon the east coast) and I still see people purchasing gas from them everyday

Why?????There are so many options around every neighborhood. What are their reasons for filling up at BP? Is it ignorance? Are they oblivious? Or do they just don't give a ***?

I just don't understand it, especially living on the gulf and knowing there is crude GUSHING into OUR WATERS. This is not happening in Alaska, or California, it's right here where we live!

Remember two years ago when gas was $4/gallon? People were speculating oil companies were in collusion to keep oil/gas prices artificially high.

Driving BP out of business will mean one less competitor in the mix and take us one step closer to a world oil monopoly. That is called cutting of your nose to spite your face.

The Obamna Administration would love to see BP and all the other oil companies bankrupted because it provides justification for nationalizing oil companies. Use your head man!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:30 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,625,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
maybe you should boycott the obama government....it is his government that FAILED this issue.....it is his government that gave that very rig an award this year......it is his government that has failed to stop this and clean it up.........48 days and nothing, but blame the other guy from obama
Ok, if we're going to go the political route, how about blaming that other guy and his administration that stripped away a lot of the safety regulations that- if in place and followed- would have prevented this from happening?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:57 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Ok, if we're going to go the political route, how about blaming that other guy and his administration that stripped away a lot of the safety regulations that- if in place and followed- would have prevented this from happening?

Hero seemed to have forgotten those 8 years. Skipped right over them.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
MOST Boycotts crack me up. When I hear of a call for one it's usually from someone who doesn't really know any better....and I just feel bad for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies