Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 10:13 AM

921 posts, read 1,131,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^I agree with the above^^^^^^^^

Also, I like to bash Obama just to bash him. I bash G.W. Bush too but Obama makes it too fun!

"Since Day one"
"plug the dam hole"
"kick some ass"
This sounds immature.

Please, G.A.L.!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 10:14 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The worst part of all this, to me, is that today word is coming from those "experts" that Obama bragged about asking for advice that they told them something very much unlike what Obama and Salazar came up with when they went after the 33 deep water rigs and told them to stop drilling. Those "experts" have said that they told them not to stop drilling on those holes because to stop in the middle of the job may allow the weakened holes to "blow" one day in the future. In other words, you have started a job and to stop that job in midplace is not very smart.

Now why did Obama and Salazar go after expert opinion and then avoid it completely? I say it is because Obama and his people are not stupid but have found a way to advance their program through this disaster and they are very willing to have it be as serious as possible to use it to get their programs, like Cap and Trade, stuck up us while those who support them are willing to have just that happen. I don't know who all is behind this man but they are taking us down a path to something that most of the wildest progs here will be against once they see that we have been had. When is too late?
Not to mention that if they are ordered to stop drilling, the companies will lose money, so they will pull out the drill rigs and move to Brazil or Africa, to drill there. Thousands of jobs will be lost in LA, and it will be years before the drilling companies return to the Gulf of Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies