Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,111 times

Advertisements

I've been following the many threads that have addressed the recent happenings in Israel and have posted when I felt I had something to add.

I have brought this up in a few of those threads, but I would like to get some feedback here. I have questioned whether or not there are at least some posters who really have issues with the Jewish people they interact with in their own part of the world while looking to Israel as a scapegoat. I'm not saying that everyone does it, so if it doesn't apply to you there's no reason to feel like you're being accused of anything.

The question is, how do you relate to the Jewish people you interact with where you live? Be honest. If you don't know any Jewish people, just say so. Depending on where you live you might not. If you are Jewish and you feel that you have been victimized in some way, say so. If you are Jewish and never felt that way, I would like to hear from you too. If you have an issue with Jewish people that you have actually known, please make your feelings known as well. I want to know what you think about what is going on where you are, as opposed to what's going on in the world. Give examples to support your experiences other than "they control the banks" or "they run the media".

I can't speak for anyone else, but I promise if you reply to this and you are open and honest I will go out of my way to respect your point of view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,444,662 times
I've met some Jews I liked and I've met some Jews I really hated. It was never about religion. It's irrelevant.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,913,622 times
I find it real easy. Especially as half my family is jewish

Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I've met some Jews I liked and I've met some Jews I really hated. It was never about religion. It's irrelevant.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know how much response this will get. I suspect that many will say it is irrelevant, but I am interested in seeing any and all points of view. I have posted here for a while and never would have considered starting a thread like this, but because of some of the recent news I am just interested in seeing what people have to say.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:22 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,392 times
Meh, I got some coworkers and a female friend that's jewish, never really had a massive issue one way or another.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I find it real easy. Especially as half my family is jewish
If I can ask, was that something that was easy for everyone in your family? Maybe this isn't even the right forum for this, but I'm just looking for some feedback. Families come together in many different ways today. Did anyone in your family have an issue as different faiths came together?

Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,858,518 times
We had a wonderful Jewish lady across the street from us for about 15 years. She was a very nice person and respectable to her neighbors.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Meh, I got some coworkers and a female friend that's jewish, never really had a massive issue one way or another.
I don't think I've started a thread on this specific forum before. If I have, I don't remember what it was... The recent news motivated me to start this one. Could end up being a "meh" thread that fades away after a few posts, and if that's the case, no big deal. I'm just interested in seeing what people have to say.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Jews are raised to believe they are God's chosen people, this belief is bound to cause friction when they are dealing with non Jews. I've met a few good Jews, but the majority haven't been the type of people I would ever break bread with. I think there is a double standard in the country when it comes to Jews. There are loads of American Jews who hold dual citizenship with Israel, and serve in the Israeli military. You don't see this with other groups though. I've never come across a Chinese American that served in the Chinese Military after becoming an American citizen. I think the jingoistic behavior of American Jews when it comes to American relations in the Middle East has caused the country great harm and made it hated.
I am glad you decided to respond and make your feelings known. I promised to respect anyone who chose to answer, and I will keep that promise. That doesn't mean I won't disagree, but again, I'm glad you chose to respond with your honest feelings.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,913,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
If I can ask, was that something that was easy for everyone in your family? Maybe this isn't even the right forum for this, but I'm just looking for some feedback. Families come together in many different ways today. Did anyone in your family have an issue as different faiths came together?
Its a big family so I'm sure there are some that found it difficult. But I have never experienced any tension in the relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies