Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:00 PM

135 posts, read 190,425 times

Advertisements

Hi
We are looking into buying a home( short sale) IN PSL. We haven't been down to see it in person, but my realtor did take some real time pics for me. We plan to come down after the bank accept our offer. It a 05 build, it appears in good condition. I plan to come down and have it inspected after the acceptance. I have googled the area. It appears to have many home ( new built) in the area. The price was great and after looking in Loxahatchie and being disappointed at the condition of the homes last year, we decided to ck out PSL. I will be retiring in a couple of years. I know I want to live in FLA . I would love to hear what you all know about the area. The next 3 years it will serve as our summer home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 08:22 PM

483 posts, read 555,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorac0561 View Post
Hi
We are looking into buying a home( short sale) IN PSL. We haven't been down to see it in person, but my realtor did take some real time pics for me. We plan to come down after the bank accept our offer. It a 05 build, it appears in good condition. I plan to come down and have it inspected after the acceptance. I have googled the area. It appears to have many home ( new built) in the area. The price was great and after looking in Loxahatchie and being disappointed at the condition of the homes last year, we decided to ck out PSL. I will be retiring in a couple of years. I know I want to live in FLA . I would love to hear what you all know about the area. The next 3 years it will serve as our summer home.
You're going to buy a home sight unseen in PSL? Your realtor must have danced a *** when he or she heard that one.. Do you run with sissors in your hand too..? A summer home..? Yea, PSL is where I'd want to be in the summer...

Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Nothing is written in blood until the bank accept the offer and inspection. BTW, read a little better and you will see I stated the same in my first post.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:34 AM

152 posts, read 465,787 times
Looks like I finally have my home sold and will be heading down in August, not sure yet, if I want to
get involved in a short sale...My realtor has said that it depends on the bank as to how smooth the
process goes..The small banks are easier to deal with ( she says)......I think I would want to rent a few
months before buying...Try to go down and stay in the area...before buying...or wait until you retire.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM

WE were down several months ago looking around in Loxah. If the short sale doesn't go through we will continue to look. I have family in FLA. I will be almost 50 when I retire. We have a great pension so working will not be something we will have to do. Well, unless I become bored. We've always planned to have a second home. We decided instead of spending money on a luxury car , we could own a place in FLa. I like gardening so Condo was not a option for me at this time. I have a very generous vacation schedule, so coming down would not be an issue for me. DH can come down at leisure.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:34 AM

152 posts, read 465,787 times
Retired at 50!...go for it....

Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
Lorac0561....I am honestly surprised you would go in to a contract to purchase a home without actually seeing it in person first. I know photos are nice, but being in the neighborhood and up front and personal I would think would be the only way to do any kind of purchase.

I have had people rent from me sight unseen when they have to, but never buy a house. That's a commitment of the major kind. If you have that much leisure time....please come down and see what you are committing to first.

Your contract is most likely an "AS IS" one - which means -NO REPAIRS WILL BE MADE - and should have a way of getting out of it IF you want to or NEED to.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:01 PM

Don't be surprised, It not that serious. I had a relative check it out. I also was given an inspection period( 7) days if the bank accepts my offer. At that time I will chose a inspector to go over it and if it doesn't pan out. Its overl. Its my understanding that I can cancel if inspection of the place proves to be not worth it. This is not my first home purchase. We were well aware of what we are doing. They have a few more weeks to answer and if not I will move on. It was my decision not to go down at this time. I asked for real time photos because that what I wanted. I went down to see a house that advertise on a reputable Real estate company. I was not pleased when I went down and the home was nothing like what I saw on the website. The pics must have been taken when the home was in good condition. The realtor not once told me the house was vandalized. There was a squarter living there when we went in to see it! The money we spent for coming down was a lot more than the escrow I put down for this short sale. It satisfied me/us to have a video and pics of what the house looked like NOW. If my offer is accepted then I will come down and take it from there. It will take a inspector to tell me what kind of house it is. All we can do is look at it cosmetically and I have no intention on paying for a inspector until I hear form the bank.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:32 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,204,029 times
Ok..I'm glad you cleared that up for me. Had me scared for you at first, and your horror story that went along with your story proved my point.

You also proved another point I try to make for people who live out of the area and look at photos on line. Web sites of various Realtors and Real Estate company's have listings directly from MLS for you to look at. It doesn't mean that those listings belong to that company, or even that Realtor,
only that they are listed by a Realtor from some office and on MLS (Multiple Listing Service). The listing Realtor may not even been in the same county, much less the same city and many times has not even SEEN the house that the lockbox is on. You'd be surprised.

We can show any listings from any office, not just our own. Most people don't realize this.

If a client is not coming down to see a house, the first thing I do is take personal photos of the house to send so they can SEE what reality is, and not just the photos that might, or might not, be in MLS. That, I would think, would be expected, and to me, the right thing to do under the circumstances. I have done it even when my client was coming down anyhow. They don't need surprises and I don't need an upset client.

You should have the inspection clause in your contract that says you have x number of days to have the inspection done and the right to refuse taking the house because of the inspection results. "AS IS" contracts have a lot of addendum's to them as well as specific time lines to complete things.

Best of luck on your purchase and I hope everything goes smoothly this time!

Old 06-13-2010, 07:46 PM

Yes nothing was more disturbing than seeing this house we wanted be in that condition .!! The realtor I was dealing with had the listing. She didn't bother to show the house herself. She worked with her DH and he showed us the house. This was in Loxahatchie. We spent the next 6 days looking but didnt see anything within our price range for a second home. I do not plan to pay cash for this home. My intention is to go thorough my bank. I know my bank have strict restrictions. So if things aren't good with the inspections, etc, they will not give me a mortgage and I will get my escrow back. We will be down there in a few weeks regardless of the outcome of this one. I plan to look in PSL area. I also was reading about Tradition. Is this a gated community? If so what is the HOA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach