Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,492,511 times

Advertisements

Hi all. My family and I are thinking of relocating to Palm City area and really have no idea where to start! My brother lives in Stuart and we have checked out the Palm City area as we have a daughter and heard that Palm City is a younger area for families. Any opinions on the area like schools, crime rates, population types etc would be great-by the way, we live in Louisiana right now so I am doing all this long distance for now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 07:15 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,218,068 times
Pallm City is a very nice place to live. Schools are great. It's not a large area and it depends on the price of housing you are looking for. As far as being a younger area for families...,this whole area is family oriented but I would not say Palm City is more so than the others at all.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Pallm City is a very nice place to live. Schools are great. It's not a large area and it depends on the price of housing you are looking for. As far as being a younger area for families...,this whole area is family oriented but I would not say Palm City is more so than the others at all.
THanks for your input! I like Stuart, but think Palm City would be better for us. Any ideas where I could obtain infor such as crime rate, jobs etc?

Old 08-11-2010, 12:52 PM

from the Stuart Police Dept on line site

Police Home

Jobs....you need to look at the newspapers on line and check out MyFlorida.com

Jobs are not plentiful anywhere..

Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
from the Stuart Police Dept on line site

Police Home

Jobs....you need to look at the newspapers on line and check out MyFlorida.com

Jobs are not plentiful anywhere..
Thanks for your advice especially about jobs..it is sad. My husband and I are both in the medical field(he is an RN I am an xray and Vet tech) and when we got a Tampa and St pete newspaper, there really was not anything for us! Will get on the police site thanks so much!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 PM

Tampa and St Pete are on the other coast...across the State.

You can view any newspaper in any city on line.

MyFlorida.com is a site that has jobs listed - go there.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Tampa and St Pete are on the other coast...across the State.

You can view any newspaper in any city on line.

MyFlorida.com is a site that has jobs listed - go there.
OOOPs I forgot-we also looked at Palm Harbor(that was where we got the papers from), but were not too impressed...sorry about the mistake-you must think I am crazy!

Old 08-15-2010, 10:02 AM

18 posts, read 72,303 times
We too are moving to Palm City. We have 2 small children so we narrowed our search to Palm City and Hobe Sound based on what WE were looking for for our family and accessibility to the highways,etc. I heard all schools in Martin Co are top notch but Palm City schools really stand out. Good luck.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,518 times
The Schools in Palm City are the best. Crime is not an issue here outside of a few isloated incidents. The "Stuart News" is the local newspaper. Martin County Sheriff's Dept. can give you crime data. There is in "Old Palm City" part of town that is a little more rental oriented thus perhaps not as "safe" as other parts of Palm City. Still, no part is really a "bad area" in Palm City.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concha7 View Post
We too are moving to Palm City. We have 2 small children so we narrowed our search to Palm City and Hobe Sound based on what WE were looking for for our family and accessibility to the highways,etc. I heard all schools in Martin Co are top notch but Palm City schools really stand out. Good luck.
Do you all have jobs yet? I still have a lot to think about. We are moving(possible) to be near family, but we have it soooooo good here in Baton Rouge-school, jobs, neighbors and great friends-it would be hard to leave, but may need to just because of family. Godd Luck to you as well!! Let me know if you think of any areas for families that are nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach