Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 07:26 AM

12 posts, read 43,448 times

Advertisements

Everywhere you look where new construction is going up, they have a sign "bank" coming soon.... why??? i think we need more restaurants and less banks.....

and does anyone know whats the purpose of the bridge at the end of PSL blvd near becker rd for?? where does it go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 10:10 AM

1,307 posts, read 5,503,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyorotor View Post
Everywhere you look where new construction is going up, they have a sign "bank" coming soon.... why??? i think we need more restaurants and less banks.....

and does anyone know whats the purpose of the bridge at the end of PSL blvd near becker rd for?? where does it go to?
Lots of money in PSL, lots of people. Banks are not in the business of losing money, so I doubt they would build if they didn't see a market.

Restaurants are more conservative. You can open 4 restaurants in the same location and 3 of them might fail, while the 4th one is an overwhelming success. You can open the same restaurant in 4 different locations, seemingly identical, and a couple of them might fail. Not too many banks go out of business (they're usually bought up because they're profitable), but restaurants go under every day.

Besides, we seem to be at a pretty good balance, right now. Last year, we figured on a 45 minute wait for any restaurant we went to on a Friday night. Now, it seems like a small backlog and a wait of maybe 15 minutes, less if you take a hightop or eat outside. That keeps the restaurants comfortably full. Build too many, and there will be empty tables.

Now, having said that, I will admit that there are not enough local restaurants -- most of them are the chain variety. But, go back to my first paragraph for an explanation for that. There have recently been a couple of new, high quality restaurants opened, notably one in Tradition. I haven't been there yet -- I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money unless it's a very special occasion. We also cruise fairly often, on a cruise line that is reputed to have the "best food on the ocean", and we manage to get our "fix" of gourmet food when we're aboard.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyorotor View Post

In Fort Lauderdale banks are like fast food places, they are everywhere. And not sitting in some strip centers but prime properties around town. I guess banking is a good business.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,742 times
Default Too many Banks in Chicago Also!

I keep telling my wife that soon there will be either a Bank or a Walgreens Pharmacy on every other corner. We are aprox. 20 miles due west of Chicago. The reason why banks are opening right and left, is because the banks are giving us, (Actually they are taking from us), a Whopping 2% return on our deposits! WOW! At the time of the U.S. Civil War (1861-1865), the Federal Government was paying 5%! on our ancestors monies. It's very easy to see why banking has become a "very" lucrative business! What I can't figure out though, (and I'm really baffled on this one), is why gas stations are disappearing at such an alarming rate? .............................................."Oh, Sweet Mysteries of Life"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach