Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 12:35 PM

55 posts, read 469,017 times

Advertisements

What is the commute time like from areas north of the Roosevelt Bridge, in Martin County, to 95 or the turnpike?

Our office will be in Palm City close to the turnpike. Ideally, we'd like to buy a house close to the office and keep commuting to a minimum. However we are finding a hard time finding 4BR houses under $350K in that area.

There are better priced properties in Jensen Beach and the North River Shores area of Stuart. They are pretty neighborhoods and good schools. My question is - Is it even worth looking there, because the commute would be horrendous? Would a commute be worthwhile to live in those neighborhoods?

My realtor noted that for the commute time, we might as well buy the house in Pt St Lucie and commute south. We are not interested in moving to Pt St Lucie.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I keep hoping for some little old lady to sell me her original waterfront house 5 minutes from the office for my price range - but I am not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 12:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
North River Shores and Jensen Beach to either I-95 or the Turnpike can be quite annoying during rush hour.

I'd say you're probably looking at 30 mins or so because of traffic.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 PM

449 posts, read 1,126,118 times
If it were me and I were living in Jensen Beach, Stuart, or North River Shores, I would not even consider the turnpike to go to Palm City. You can only access the turnpike in PSL or South Stuart off of 76 (unless something has recently change). If I were in Jensen or North River Shores I would just take US1 south, go over Roosevelt Bridge, and veer a right onto Palm City Road which comes out at the Palm City Bridge, and go straight through Palm City.
I95 at the psl exit would really be out of your way, and the 76 exit would bring you too far south. But I'm not a big fan of 95, so others may disagree with me. I haven't driven to Palm City recently, but I seem to remember it taking about 25-30 min from Jensen ( going out to the exit). Of course it varies depending on the time of day. Good luck, I think you'll find a deal, the housing prices are really dropping.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 PM

449 posts, read 1,126,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
North River Shores and Jensen Beach to either I-95 or the Turnpike can be quite annoying during rush hour.

I'd say you're probably looking at 30 mins or so because of traffic.
I agree with you there! And this is just to get to the exit!

Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
I think the south stuart area would be better. South Fork area, Cove Road, Salerno Rd Port Salerno. Hop on I95, go north one exit and you are in Palm City, the road comes out on 714 where the 7-11 is in Palm City, and right on top of the turnpike interchange.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 AM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnes View Post
What is the commute time like from areas north of the Roosevelt Bridge, in Martin County, to 95 or the turnpike?

Our office will be in Palm City close to the turnpike. Ideally, we'd like to buy a house close to the office and keep commuting to a minimum. However we are finding a hard time finding 4BR houses under $350K in that area.

There are better priced properties in Jensen Beach and the North River Shores area of Stuart. They are pretty neighborhoods and good schools. My question is - Is it even worth looking there, because the commute would be horrendous? Would a commute be worthwhile to live in those neighborhoods?

My realtor noted that for the commute time, we might as well buy the house in Pt St Lucie and commute south. We are not interested in moving to Pt St Lucie.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I keep hoping for some little old lady to sell me her original waterfront house 5 minutes from the office for my price range - but I am not holding my breath.
I wouldn't consider that a commute. It's just a ride to work. It's the same town, for pete's sake.

Worst case-20 minutes. Not even something to worry about. Rush hour only lasts 30 minutes at most and you are going the opposite way.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
I used to live in Jensen and getting to I95 - Kanner Highway was at LEAST 20-30 minutes of heavy traffic. I hated it! To the turnpike- go over the bridge, take a right a Wendys and do the short cut, cross over the other bridge and be in Palm City.

God help you if you're going north on the Turnpike. Then it's up US#1- fight Port St. Lucie Blvd forever and then finally get to the entrance at Bayshore and PSL Blvd. A realllly good 30 minute drive!

Personally I wouldn't live in Jensen again. Glad I moved because it was so difficult to get to anywhere and was not happy living there. Moved to Tradition and love it. Now I can get to anywhere I want- including Palm City- easily. I95 right there and up Martin Hwy to Palm City. No biggie, no traffic to speak of.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:41 PM

88 posts, read 193,708 times
I am in North River Shores. To get to 95 by going South is about 15 to 25 minutes depending upon the time of day. To get to 95 going North through PSL takes about 30 to 35 minutes depending upon the day.
There are 2 houses in the Estuary in North River Shores that are up for sale due to foreclosure. One the lady got divorced and pretty much left it, the other the people passed away, not in the home. Both are a good deal for around 300k (for the area) and are in very good shape. Its an area that seems to be holding its value. Stay on the Martin County side of North River Shores though.
Im not a realtor though but its a good area to look into for the price range.
You can always look into the now 100k prefab insta homes that were put up in psl if you want to save some $$.
Traffic is everywhere in every state its just a way of life.

Remember when you want to sell more buyers want to be close to the beach. PSL West is nice but its not a beach community. Try to stay just West of US1 to keep Insurance down but not far enough to be more than a few miles away from the water.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,632 times
I work for Fl dept of transportation and as thinking of transfering to the new scale facilty in I-95 in West Palm Beach what area would I want to live in to be close to work and be able to afford to live. I also have a haddicapped 18 year old son, would need to make sure he has what he needs. Any advise would be appreaciated.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:11 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,031,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle69virgo View Post
I work for Fl dept of transportation and as thinking of transfering to the new scale facilty in I-95 in West Palm Beach what area would I want to live in to be close to work and be able to afford to live. I also have a haddicapped 18 year old son, would need to make sure he has what he needs. Any advise would be appreaciated.
That's Jupiter/Jupiter Farms/Palm Beach Gardens. Plenty of nice places around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach