U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 PM

1,465 posts, read 3,854,514 times

Advertisements

1)What would be an average estimate insurance on a 200k -new home- in Port Saint Lucie located west of the Turnpike and north of Saint blvd?
2)Are they any insurance companies to recommend?
3)what advice/tips, purchasing insurance, would you give to a newcomer.
4)would it be less to insurance an older home, with previous weather damage, than a new home?
I badly need help on this matter ASAP.
I thank all for your help.
Regards,
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 AM

1,305 posts, read 5,185,510 times
An estimate is beyond anyone but an agent, in my opinion.

The best insurance company is the one that will write you a policy. Many are withdrawing from Florida, many are cancelling at least some of their existing customers, and many more will not write new insurance, only someone who is switching from one house to another.

If you can't get coverage anywhere else, you'll be stuck with Citizens Insurance, the insurance company of last resort set up by the state, with astronomical rates.

This is something worth a lot of research, and sitting down with an agent you can trust. I'm sending you a private message with the name of my agent; you can take that with a grain of salt if you like, but I trust them; I've been doing business with the same agent for over 25 years and have all of my insurance with them.

I can't help you with the technical stuff like whether it's better to have a new or older house; again, only an agent can tell you that, and it most likely depends on the house.

Things are bad enough that such fine detail is almost not relevant any longer; any policy other than Citizens is better than none.

I do NOT recommend an on-line agency or an agency from out of town not familiar with Port St. Lucie; you really need the expertise of a good agent.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:38 AM

1,465 posts, read 3,854,514 times
pslOldTimer,
I sincreley appreciate your help. Once I get relocated, I will definitely have to thank you in person.
Regards,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach