Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM

12 posts, read 31,707 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info on the Torino area?
Nice area? Safe for kids? ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 05:30 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Torino area is great! Lots of very nice homes in it an usually larger lots. One thing that people may worry about is the fact that the power lines from the Power Plant over on Hut Island do come through the middle of Torino. Some people worry/wonder about those. Otherwise, the area is great.

You have major shopping at your fingertips along St Lucie West Blvd and instant access to I95.

Message me if you have more questions!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
We looked in Torino and were ready to buy but the person who was selling the house accepted a lower bid from someone else because they had cash otherwise our house would be in that area. Ultimately we found a good home near Tradition but would have loved to have found a house in Torino.

Personally I think the Torino area is great. One thing though be very carefull when looking for a house. Research the builder (especially those who have the same names as car companies) you may be shocked at the shoddy building they did. Any builder that starts with M for that matter.

LadyB can speak more to this than me but I believe most people selling in Torino have their houses marked up above other areas. I don't know if it is still on the market but over by Akbar there is a large home with a tin roof that would be great if the price is right. The person had it built but never moved in because they got relocated with their job. They wanted too much at the time but it may be much lower now because it has sat empty for about 3 years.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:24 AM

Thanks, for the replies.
I have been watching the Torino area Large houses with nice size lots and no restrictions as to what can be in your driveway. ie boat, truck, trailer ect.
I have also found nice homes in the tradition area, but not to excited about all the restrictions.
If Port St. Lucie is supposed to have such a low crime rate why all the gated communities?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 AM

578 posts, read 1,775,981 times
In my area we kind of have the best of both worlds. No HOA but Tradition is not far away. Hopefully in my life time they will open a road so we can get to Crosstown Expressway (won't go into that). The lots are a little smaller than Torino but our street is very quiet and the neighborhood is not a high crime place.

The gated communities of Tradition are to segregate the different areas. I think the HOA's want to have as much control as possible. That is why we are leaving our current on for our home in PSL.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:09 PM

Gated communities are going to be everywhere - because people like the fact that lawns are always done and you don't have to worry about your neighbor not taking care of their house, lawn, wrecked cars in the driveway, and various other things that happen in any area that has no governing rules.
It's an easier lifestyle for many.

Others want to be able to do whatever they want and have NO consequences and nobody telling them they "can't" do that. That has nothing to do with crime. It has to do with an owner or renter taking pride .. or not.. in the house they live in. Cutting the lawn, making sure the trash is out to be picked up and not in the yard, not leaving broken down cars in the yard, etc.

Its up to the individual to decide .. what kind of life style do I want to live in...

If you think HOA's are only rules.. not so. Just basic ones to keep the community looking nice.

If you have questions abut rules, just ask me.. don't go by what you think are the rules, you might be misinformed.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Stevep111, thank you for your non biased honest oppion I'm sure you are probably correct on one level or another.

FlaLadyB, I am not sure where you have lived, But I had lived in PLS for a number of years and I don't remember seeing alot of junk cars and or trash in yards, most municipalities don't allow that.
As far as your comment about what I "think" are the rules, I have received most of my information from the gated communities themselves.
You seem to have an oppion about every single question on this forum.
I have also seen where you have scolded people for advertising business on here which in a round about way you are doing just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I merely asked a simple question about gated communities.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM

I wasn't talking about, nor say Torino specific...and no I have not seen those in Torino, but I have seen them in other areas of PSL. I was speaking of another persons post about HOA's vs non HOA's. I also do business in most all the HOA's in the area and pretty much know their rules, especially the HOA's I live and work with in Tradition. It's part of my business to know them.

Advertising in the forms is forbidden and those who advertise their name, phone number and a web link are breaking the rules that are stated quite clearly at the top of the page. IF someone does that, yes I will report them to the moderators who will edit or removed the post. I am not doing anything that breaks the rules. If someone has additional questions that go past these forums, they are welcome to ask me, if they so choose.

You, G711 have just joined here and have all of 3 posts, and my answer to your supposed "knowledge" of HOA rules was in case you were not clear on actual reality such as one of the other posters who thought her shiny new pick up truck was not allowed in any of them, which is not true. HOA's are not "all rules", they are a way of life that some people choose, and some do not.

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 02-01-2011 at 08:10 PM..

Old 02-02-2011, 01:20 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G711 View Post
Stevep111, thank you for your non biased honest oppion I'm sure you are probably correct on one level or another.

I merely asked a simple question about gated communities.
G711,

I owned a place on the shore area of New Jersey for many years. The gated community, as all gated communites, are often known for being sued by homeowners for frivolous things. This becomes costly to everyone. We sold the home after 10 years of happy ownership because our monthly fee was going up in just 3 months due to high attorney fees to settle those silly suits.

An HOA is suppose to represent the concerns of the residents. In Florida, the law limits HOA rules. The HOA is suppose to protect the residents and be there for solidarity beyond local government. Some HOA's are extremely restrictive and enforce rules that can be alarming to some.

I appreciate your input and also believe that you are correct about homes outside of HOA communities. I also have a shiny new BMW and a new Toyota Highlander (truck)...

We decided not to purchase a home in an HOA community and are happy where we live...

Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G711 View Post
If Port St. Lucie is supposed to have such a low crime rate why all the gated communities?
Non gated communities and areas far outnumber gated communities in Port St. Lucie.

Most of the gated communities are fairly new, built within the past 10ish years. During that time PSL was named safest city of its size for several years. Some people like the uniformity and forced cleanliness of gated communities. Others are the exact opposite. It's good that there are now more options for both in PSL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach