Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 09:37 AM

141 posts, read 506,107 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are relocating from the West Coast and have family in Lake Worth so we were going to be in Wellington. However after a recent visit I found it rather congested and crowded. I've heard that up north it's a bit slower paced and also good schools. I'm trying to weigh the convenience of being near family and airport vs. a better quality of life for us, or so it seems. Unfortunately I didn't get to look around up there. Can anyone compare the two, or are there any drawbacks to Martin County you can point out? Any input is appreciated. Doesn't have to be Stuart or Palm City specifically, I've just heard good things. BTW we have two grade schoolers.

Last edited by ang08; 03-21-2011 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM

95 posts, read 226,306 times
I think I responded to an early post of yours. We live in Palm City (Martin County). It takes us about 30 min to get to the airport depending on traffic, roughly the same time to get to The Gardens Mall. It is not congested and the schools are excellent. There are three elementary schools, Citrus Grove, Palm City Elementary and Bessie Creek. There are a lot of families in Palm City and there are many neighborhoods close to 95 and the turnpike. So far, we love Martin County. I cant compare it to Wellington. My husband works in Port St. Lucie and West Palm, so it was never an option for us to look that far south. Hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 PM

Thanks - I don't remember your previous response, but after doing so much research in different areas my head is spinning. That is very helpful.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:30 PM

Could you tell me what middle and high school those elementaries go to? We'll have a middle schooler in a year.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:02 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,208,491 times
I totally agree. I would compare the congestion in the Wellington area as the opposite of our area. I actually do not like to even drive to Wellington because of the traffic and congestion. The Wellington mall rarely sees me because of that.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:49 AM

95 posts, read 226,306 times
The middle school is Hidden Oaks, right in the middle of Palm City and the High School is Martin County. I think if you live east of the Turnpike the HS might be South Fork, but most of the neighborhoods are West of the Turnpike. Some neighborhoods to check out are Highlands Reserve, Copperleaf, Isleworth, Danforth and Hammock Creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach