Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM

28 posts, read 60,997 times

Advertisements

Hi! My fiance and I will be moving to Florida next June after we get married and we are wondering which cities in Florida you would recommend us moving to based upon our "requirements" listed below:
- not too much crime however, we do live in Lansing, Michigan, so crime isn't out of the ordinary for us but we would prefer to live somewhere safer.
- within 5 miles or so of a nice beach
-good schools
-we are in our twenties so we would prefer an area that has a decent amount of younger people in the area
-lots of fun things to do
-nice single family homes under approximately $400,000
-not too much traffic
I know there may not be a city that matches exactly each one of these things, but somewhere similar to these requirements would be much appreciated! We love the hot weather, nevermind the hurricanes, snakes, alligators, etc. Could you please list specific areas in these cities you would recommend us moving to.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,210,003 times
Even though you put your "wish list" up it could be found in SO MANY areas. We are on the coast, so the beach is here no matter what. Price range is good for a lot of places.

This area is known as a "bedroom" type of area. No big office buildings, no factory's, no high rise building in the downtown area. We are not a metropolis kind of area. More laid back and family style.

If you want.. things to do.. and lots of people your age, try Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. I used to live there myself and still go back down. Still love it.. plenty to do all the time and all ages, lots of fun.

Have a job first... a big MUST HAVE on your list!

Old 05-05-2011, 04:58 PM

28 posts, read 60,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Even though you put your "wish list" up it could be found in SO MANY areas. We are on the coast, so the beach is here no matter what. Price range is good for a lot of places.

This area is known as a "bedroom" type of area. No big office buildings, no factory's, no high rise building in the downtown area. We are not a metropolis kind of area. More laid back and family style.

If you want.. things to do.. and lots of people your age, try Jupiter and Palm Beach Gardens. I used to live there myself and still go back down. Still love it.. plenty to do all the time and all ages, lots of fun.

Have a job first... a big MUST HAVE on your list!
Thanks for your reply! I have heard some good things about Jupiter and will definetly make sure to have a job set before moving. Thanks again

Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 PM

6 posts, read 12,976 times
I'd say Tampa, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, or St. Augustine. ALL of those places have tons of entertainment, especially Tampa. There is never a dull moment Tampa. The nightlife is awesome!

Old 05-11-2011, 07:31 PM

72 posts, read 77,094 times
My understanding is the Gulf side & Miami are more active with nightlife & that type of thing.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,210,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillersfaninwi View Post
My understanding is the Gulf side & Miami are more active with nightlife & that type of thing.

You live in Wisconsin....

Old 05-12-2011, 01:02 PM

181 posts, read 291,455 times
Quote:

hee hee

Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 PM

87 posts, read 168,821 times
Look towards the larger cities - Tampa, Orlando, Miami/Ft.Lauderdale, Jacksonville and the towns surrounding them. It will be easier to find work and to find nightlife.

After living in PSL for 6 years, we just moved to Sunrise (a city in the Ft Lauderdale area) and we love it. It's more expensive to live compared to PSL, but my commute to work is 10 minutes vs. an hour (I worked in West Palm when we lived in PSL.)

We moved to FL from NJ. If you are used to using common sense regarding crime (lock your car and front door, park in well lit areas) neither Broward or St Lucie counties feel unsafe. Before you sign a lease or make an offer to buy something, call the local police department and ask about the crime in the area you are looking.

Regardless of where you decide, rent something for at least a year before you buy.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:19 PM

72 posts, read 77,094 times
Quote:
But I have relatives who have been in FL for many years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach