Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2011, 04:47 PM

910 posts, read 2,217,763 times

Advertisements

Next month, my husband and I will be visiting Vero Beach for the very first time, to see what I hope will be our new hometown. We decided we wanted to retire in Florida a few months ago, and I have an online friend who lives in Vero and loves it. So she is going to give us the grand tour, and has arranged for a Realtor to meet with us. The date of our move depends on finances and other matters, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that by this time next year we will be Floridians. This forum has been a GREAT help in researching the area, and I look forward to learning more. I am just so excited about seeing Vero Beach in person ! Any suggestions on areas we should be sure to include in our tour ?
Cindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 05:36 PM

448 posts, read 1,470,556 times
Good luck and congratualtions. We moved to VB 3 years ago. But have traveld to FL for 10 years prior to moving. My husband and I love it. We wanted to purchase a house in Sebastian. But found a wonderful home and great price in VB.
I found that City Data was a great site to do research. You have to pick through some of the comments, but most are very helpful. We also like realtor.com, trulia and zillow. All great sites. Trulia and Zillow give you a basic idea. Not a 100% accutate number site, but good just the same.

Best wishes and welcome to Paradise

Old 12-27-2011, 06:25 AM

910 posts, read 2,217,763 times
Thanks Floridaorbust ! I have read through all 42 pages of this forum and it has been a wonderful source of advice and practical information. I check it daily now for new posts.I saw from your hummingbird reply that you lived in Ohio before moving to Florida (Delaware area?). We live outside of Newark, Ohio. I actually remember the moment when I first had the idea of moving to Florida: I was trudging through a foot of snow last winter and thought, "Now I understand why people retire to Florida." A few months after that, the thought became a plan ! I have visited Florida several times throughout my life (we used to go to the Gulf Coast yearly when I was a kid) but have never been to the Treasure Coast area.

Last edited by SeaLark7; 12-27-2011 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: additional info added

Old 12-28-2011, 08:00 PM

We decided many years ago that Florida would be our home. Delaware OH was our home. It was a beautiful area. We miss the mid west attitude.
But after the last snow storm. 14 inches and the hubby was in FL, I was OH.. shoveling the snow. Great exercise, but tired of being cold. the prices were right in FL. So we decided on the move. Best decision. We waited and the good thing was we did not "have" to move. We wanted to move. Big difference. Best wishes to you. We have a bunch of nurseries in the area that could help with the hummimgbird question. They are more familiar that area. Keep us all posted on your move.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:30 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
I did the opposite of floridaorbust. I wanted to retire to Vero but bought a house in Sebastian. Both great places. Vero has more to offer day to day, but Sebastian has it's own rewards. If you want I can message you the name of a really good real estate agent in Vero.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:11 PM

We actually looked at many homes in Sebastian. And love the area. We live on the border. Winter Beach. We find that Sebastian has more to offer than Vero. Vero is a nice area, but they lack the "laid back" feeling. But we do like Vero, but our we tend to "hang" in Sebastian.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
Yeah, if you appreciate laid back, Sebastian is the place to be. That's what sealed it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach