Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 08:07 PM

56 posts, read 121,744 times

Advertisements

so back to my original question does anyone have first hand information about the community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 06:36 AM

10 posts, read 36,335 times
Hi boo57, i live there we bought last summer and love it! The taxes will be higher because of a CDD fee - community development - but very much worth it in my mind. The new clubhouse is gorgeous and with 2 pools, tennis, gym etc it's what sold us. The neighbouhood continues to expand with only a few homesites left in phase 1 and they are building phase 2 behind with sites already sold. Very clean, guarded, friendly and not really a retirement or a young community - active is what they call it. HOA is reasonable. Stop by and see Helen Rymer in sales she will be happy to show you around the beautiful homes! She was great!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 8,891 times
I am looking to purchase a home in PGA Village. Anny recommendations or comments?

Old 01-14-2012, 07:08 AM

56 posts, read 121,744 times
what is the difference between PGA Village and PGA Verano is PGA verano a subsection of PGA Village?

Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 AM

194 posts, read 427,667 times
Verano and PGA Village are two different communities. Verano borders PGA Village on the southern end giving some Verano homes a golf view. Verano appears to have some agreement with PGA Village giving homeowners access to all the golf courses. Not sure why the "PGA" name is attached to the project as Verano has it own recreational facilities and entrance and I am pretty sure you can not use any of their facilities other than the golf courses. The closest entrance to PGA Village is about a mile away from Verano. As to their property taxes and HOA fees both are on the high end. The comment on taxes around $6k seems to be on the low end.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:39 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
PGA Village and Verano, both built by Kolter Homes, ARE associated. If you purchase in Verano you CAN also join the Equity ONLY golf course in PGA Village. You can also play (at a reduced price) on the 3 additional golf courses in PGA Village.

The construction that has been talked about is a new area of 94 homes that will be built. They have just finished paving the roads in that section. It is NOT a golf course. The new homes that will be built there WILL butt up against the already existing golf course of PGA Village.

The property in Verano extends way past that to the West and then again to the South behind Tradition. Additional golf courses and clubhouse/s will be built later on. It's a large property.

If you have more questions about PGA VILLAGE or VERANO, feel free to contact me if you'd like
Thanks!

Old 01-20-2012, 11:06 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,933 times
I bow to your infinate wisdom and knowledge.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,125,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner101 View Post
Does anyone know what the real estate taxes are roughly there? I heard it may be $6K per year for a $300,000 home . Is it that high ?
Actually a little higher than the base cost of $6,000....I believe you can use your Homestead since you are already in PSL.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 PM
TB2

13 posts, read 26,925 times
I am seriously thinking of purchasing in Verano villas Phase 1. My greatest concern is if Kolter is still building. FlaLadyB - you invited questions and that is mine. I know you have referenced "when" it is finished in other answers about Verano. Hard to know the rate of progress from here in Canada, so I was hoping that you as a resident of Tradition might have a more informed perspective on the general rate of construction in Verano.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,196,298 times
They are definitely building. The new section is GORGEOUS! You have unobstructed lake and golf course views. My Keller Williams office went over for another update last week and another tour through the models plus I drove over to the new area. I was definitely impressed with what I saw. Loved the models - large master bedrooms and didnt skimp on the secondary ones.

The existing clubhouse is very large and there will be more built as needed. Two pools, one indoor and one huge pool outside. Tennis, a spa, an enormous work out area etc.

I think it will be my new - go to - new home area.

yes, I live next door in Tradition - if you have any more questions, just ask!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach