Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
TB2

13 posts, read 26,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy707 View Post
Thanks for the advice...we had our own inspector conduct a home inspection prior to our purchase .
I see there are a number of certified and independent home inspection companies servicing Port St Lucie. We'll be using one for sure when we get nearer to a purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 06:27 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,864,725 times
Yeah they even had the audacity to hang the bathroom fixtures for the toilet paper and the towel racks with grout instead of mastic. This lasted for so long and then they started falling off. Everyone I grabbed fell off. I had to pull each one of and redo them myself. If someone had been falling in the shower and reached out to grab the bar they would have gone down. The inspector did not catch these things. Another thing to expect (and it is minor) is to have cracks in the stucco on the outside of your house. No matter how good the contractor is your house will settle for about 3 years. If however you see any cracked tiles in the house then you should either run very quickly or expect to have the entire floor taken up and redone because the person who poured the slab did a horrible job. Same goes for the driveway. Ours has very minor cracks but the neighbors house (same age) needs to have their driveway completely redone and it is only 6 years old.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 AM

56 posts, read 121,722 times
Default what an adventure !!

...well its been almost a month since we finally moved into our home in Verano....and it has been such an adventure....

We had our house in the north ( Virginia) packed up on a Wednesday, we divided up all the stuff to leave half in Va. and than we hit the road with the dogs .. a 16 year old golden retriever,Daisy and a 10 year old Jack Russell, Baily.....

we had done reserach and found pet friendly hotels and were going to push on thru the first day to Brunswick, Ga...We stopped at each state line for the dogs to stretch and for all of us to have a potty break.
We did purchase seatbelts for them which took a little getting used to and Baily managed to "slip out " a few times.

When we arrived at our hotel the doggies were very nervous I think they thought we were going to abandon them ...Daisy followed us everywhere we went how far can you go in a hotel room !! and Baily managed to "escape" from the room and ran thru the hotel lobby...luckily the manager was a dog lover... after that we decided to just order chinese food and eat in the room ....

The next morning we got an early start and in now time were arriving at our new home in PGA Verano!!

The dogs were still nervous but very intrested in the pool..We had a pool built after we settled in March ..and what a great idea that was !!

...our furniture was not due to arrive for a few more days ...but we had purchased a few things when we settled so we were pretty comfortable..

..while we waited I was able to participate in a few activities in the community...I went to the ladies book club and water aerobics...everyone was very friendly and inviting...the ladies also invited me to the beach but that was the day the furniture was arriving so I had to decline..

Our furniture and household belongings arrived unscathed and we soon realized how little we had to fill up the house

We had ordered plantation shutters in March as well and we had those installed...

in between all the work in the house we were able to enjoy the beach and a few new resturants...

Sadly, I had to head home after 11 days to go back to work...hubby is retired and I am woking out a commitment...for the next year...

...to be continued....

Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
Congrats Boo- sounds like the move went really well. I'm happy for y'all and hope that PSL is everything you hoped for and more!! I am new here in PSL too, but if you have any questions about the area, feeel free to ask! I've learned so much on this site and continue to learn each day.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Congrats Boo- sounds like the move went really well. I'm happy for y'all and hope that PSL is everything you hoped for and more!! I am new here in PSL too, but if you have any questions about the area, feeel free to ask! I've learned so much on this site and continue to learn each day.

Thanks, so far so good...but I knew the area from way back...my grandfather had a place in Nettles Island and I visited him many times ..but thanks for the offer..

Old 06-12-2012, 04:52 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
HEY !! Congratulations on getting here!! Come on in the water's fine!! The pool looks great! as does the view!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 PM
TB2

13 posts, read 26,922 times
Default New Verano Resident

If you go to the Verano website, you'll see that the model Giordana #69 has been sold. Deal closed and it is now ours! Leasing back to Kolter until December, but the deal is all done and we're looking forward to Christmas in sunny Florida.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:41 AM

162 posts, read 311,014 times
Congratulations TB2! Beautiful home! I am looking forward to when we finally become full time PSL residents!

Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Welcome TB2....you will love it and your new home is beautiful...and we are neighbors ....I will be there Dec 22 for the winter ....so looking forward to it !!

Old 07-05-2021, 09:04 PM

10 posts, read 14,328 times
Arrow Verano Golf course on site?

I saw language in the HOA docs that talks about "The Club" and the " possibility " of a golf course on Verano lands. Yet the sales center agent told me it was not in their plans as they have use of the PGA Villages course.

What troubles us is that in the HOA docs it says the developer reserves the right to build one and it would be a later requirement for owners to join the golf club and pay an entrance fee as a requirement .
They are years away from this as they have so much land they need to develop for home use.

Yet it would need to be in the cities design plans that were approved by zoning .

I will try to sort this out with the city 1st and report back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach