Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: vero bch. versus greenville, sc (please read before voting, thanks!!!)
vero bch 13 65.00%
greenville, sc 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:03 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,189,627 times

Advertisements

greenville has a lot of ppl from fla, ny, etc... i'd say that the rednecks there are becoming less apparent as more ppl from all over move in.

plus, i live in orlando. habla espanol? i'd rather be around rednecks all day than what we put up with here in orlando. atleast rednecks speak my language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 02:11 PM

17,464 posts, read 38,864,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
greenville has a lot of ppl from fla, ny, etc... i'd say that the rednecks there are becoming less apparent as more ppl from all over move in.

plus, i live in orlando. habla espanol? i'd rather be around rednecks all day than what we put up with here in orlando. atleast rednecks speak my language.
People use the term "redneck" as a derogatory way to describe country people and I hate it.

The Carolinas have a lot of wonderful country folk who are friendly and honest, and would give you the shirt off your back. I agree with you, backtofla, there are some nice folks around these parts, I love our second home in Asheville, NC.

Haven't been to Orlando in years, but from what I read and hear it sounds like it's becoming a pit. I have no desire to even visit there.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM

orlando is a pit. oviedo and winter springs are great places though. but orlando? uh-uh. the ppl, the way they drive, the way they act, the crime, the sexual predators, robberies, etc... we are ranked 7th in the nation for most dangerous city to live in. yikes!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:38 AM

1,941 posts, read 4,450,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
People use the term "redneck" as a derogatory way to describe country people and I hate it.

The Carolinas have a lot of wonderful country folk who are friendly and honest, and would give you the shirt off your back. I agree with you, backtofla, there are some nice folks around these parts, I love our second home in Asheville, NC.

Haven't been to Orlando in years, but from what I read and hear it sounds like it's becoming a pit. I have no desire to even visit there.
People in the Carolinas do tend to be friendly and welcoming, and Greenville is no exception. I suppose my response to the "redneck" comment centered around the fact that some people perceive the Carolinas (and the South as a whole) to be rural and backwards. While there are certainly areas of the state which are like that, Greenville is not rural at all. Some of you might be very surprised at how progressive and cosmopolitan it is. There is a ton of international investment in Greenville, which lends itslef to a lot of diversity. People are welcomed here.

Greenville County is the largest county in SC in terms of population (over 400,000), and the city lies at the center of the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson MSA (which had a population of 962,000 in the 2000 Census). Not exactly Deliverance material, folks. While Greenville is not a huge city like Atlanta, it is growing very quickly and offers a very high quality of life. It seems to be a "hidden gem" at this point, and perhaps that is a good thing.

I originally ventured over here because this same poll was posted in the Greenville forum. I wanted to learn more about Vero Beach since I was not familiar with it. Since many on here are probably not familiar with Greenville, I wanted to offer some information that might be helpful. Thanks for reading.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:35 AM

904 posts, read 2,864,749 times
I was born and raised in Vero, spent almost all of my life here. If you have any questions PM me. It is a great place to live and especially to raise a family. I have lived out side of Greenville, SC as well. I would choose Vero any day over Greenville.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:08 AM

thank you vbmom for your response, and greenville as well. thank you both.

vbmom, i'm pm'ing you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach