Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 05:42 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,615 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone- My wife just accepted a position at Martin Memorial, and we are moving to the area next month! Really excited as my wife has been searching for a new job for a few months and Stuart has stayed #1 on our list of where we will move if offered a position. We feel so blessed and can't wait to get down there. I am flying down next week to find us a rental house, and will be looking at the schools in the area.

Does anyone know about Westgate elementary? I really like the idea of K-8 schools, but want to make sure it is a decent school for my kids (ages 7 & 9).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
Why are you moving to PSL if the job is in Stuart?

Old 02-27-2012, 12:14 PM

Because Stuart is a little more expensive and we can get a bigger house for the price. Plus, PSL has many more home options to rent.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,305,481 times
Schools

Old 02-27-2012, 01:17 PM

Thanks newred- very informative!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Hey everyone- My wife just accepted a position at Martin Memorial, and we are moving to the area next month! Really excited as my wife has been searching for a new job for a few months and Stuart has stayed #1 on our list of where we will move if offered a position. We feel so blessed and can't wait to get down there. I am flying down next week to find us a rental house, and will be looking at the schools in the area.

Does anyone know about Westgate elementary? I really like the idea of K-8 schools, but want to make sure it is a decent school for my kids (ages 7 & 9).
She may work very long hours so be prepared.

We live in PSL and love it. My neighbor works all the time and she is an Emergency Room nurse in the PSL hospital.

Good luck and enoy the water...

Old 02-29-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
She may work very long hours so be prepared.

We live in PSL and love it. My neighbor works all the time and she is an Emergency Room nurse in the PSL hospital.

Good luck and enoy the water...
LOL- one thing that I am used to is having her work long hours. She loves her career and is very good at what she does. She works hard and plays hard too. I think FL will be good for us because there are so many things to do there. We are very excited.

Seeing how you live in the area, are there any parts of town or schools we should avoid? Thanks!

Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 PM

We are retired and love the life in PSL. We had our hearts set on Vero Beach and visited there numerous times only to be disappointed each time...We were searching for a lot of newer home on the water and their prices to build a 2,400 sf new home was over our limit of $450k. We wanted a lot of home for the money and we got it in PSL.

I worked 35 years for the govt and my wife worked 28years at the Univ of Penn in Philly. We did own a home in Ft Lauderdale area for a long time and Ft Lauderdale area became too much like NY and Philly. It did take us a while to get use to the slower pace in PSL and just love it now...

We are unaware of any areas in PSL that someone should avoid and we do have a very good Police force. We do not know that much about schools except our friend has 4 grand kids that went to a Charter School in Ft Pierce. Ft Pierce public schools have a more - than + reputation yet one of the areas better schools is located there.. The local Police deparments may help you where the most crime is located but cannot find it..

Lots of good vibes your way and have fun in the sun and water.

Last edited by Synergy1; 03-03-2012 at 02:34 PM..

Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post

West Gate K-8 School - Port St. Lucie, Florida - FL - School overview

West Gate K-8 School Test Scores - Port St. Lucie, Florida - FL

7 out of 10 "based on its performance on state standardized tests."

Last edited by Synergy1; 03-03-2012 at 02:35 PM..

Old 03-03-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
Thanks for the links Synergy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach