Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,951 times

Advertisements

According to Sperlings it is very expensive to live in Vero? no one mentioned this fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:26 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,998,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsidw View Post
According to Sperlings it is very expensive to live in Vero? no one mentioned this fact.
Relax, you're not going to be living on the island. Go to Sperlings again and specify Vero Beach South.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM

Default Cost of living in vero beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Relax, you're not going to be living on the island. Go to Sperlings again and specify Vero Beach South.
AH, HA

HARRYWHO, YOU ARE ALWAYS ON TARGET, THANK YOU.
sID

Old 04-19-2012, 03:57 PM

Glad to help. Some sites are confusing.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 PM

910 posts, read 2,218,996 times
From our visit there in January, I got the impression that living on the island is a whole world of difference from the mainland. We went to a grocery store on the island and they were charging over $9 for a tub of 1.5 quarts of ice cream that would cost half that price on the mainland !

Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLark7 View Post
From our visit there in January, I got the impression that living on the island is a whole world of difference from the mainland. We went to a grocery store on the island and they were charging over $9 for a tub of 1.5 quarts of ice cream that would cost half that price on the mainland !
Yeah, it doesn't take long to find the bargains if you're into it. I think a lot of island folks shop on the mainland. I do go to the island frequently though for the beach and the beachfront restaurants. And of course, Disney's character breakfasts on Saturdays for the grands.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 AM

I must be entirely honest. We have grown children with young families that live in Fort Lauderdale and would like to be closer to them than New Orleans and are seaching for a place we can survive as I am retired on SS and investments. My wife when she was very young was very poor and wanted a record player,so she did odd jobs and saved her money and one day bought a record player but alas she soon realized she could not afford the records.
Sid

Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I must be entirely honest. We have grown children with young families that live in Fort Lauderdale and would like to be closer to them than New Orleans and are seaching for a place we can survive as I am retired on SS and investments. My wife when she was very young was very poor and wanted a record player,so she did odd jobs and saved her money and one day bought a record player but alas she soon realized she could not afford the records.
Sid
I borrowed the records from rich kids. Anyway, You may want to get a little closer to Fort Lauderdale. It's quite a hike from Vero. You may want to look at Hobe Sound.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:50 AM

Default Cost of Living Hobe Sound

Please fill me in on Hobe Sound, never thought about it. We are two retired seniors on a budget. After living thru Katrina in New Orleans and seeing rising insurance costs here, I wonder how expensive it is to live near the water?
Sid

Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Please fill me in on Hobe Sound, never thought about it. We are two retired seniors on a budget. After living thru Katrina in New Orleans and seeing rising insurance costs here, I wonder how expensive it is to live near the water?
Sid
I thought it might be interesting because it's about 57 miles closer to Ft. Lauderdale, has a similar cost of living to Vero, is a nice little town, and is still north of all the congestion. Not sure about Ins. cost. I'm sure it's similar to other coastal areas, depending on the proximity to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach