Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:10 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times

Advertisements

so.. you are on your way! I looked at Ikea and the closest ones are down in Ft Lauderdale or Orlando. They have great furniture. Several of my clients have it and I think it looks wonderful. There are a number of furniture stores in the area as well. Best to just go on line shopping now. I have been told that if you find something on line the local stores do not necessarily carry it and it will have to be ordered. Possibly you can find something at home first and have it when you arrive.

Welcome!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 05:41 PM

42 posts, read 76,519 times
I'm not picky with furniture, I just want a few things before I find a decent job and than buy something decent. I'm sure I will pick out something when I get their.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:29 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times
There is a wealth of good used furniture places ..one is Family furniture on US 1 in PSL..lice stuff, nice people and good prices..l seriously check them out

Old 07-05-2012, 12:02 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
I went to Ikea a couple of months ago- the closest is Sunrise by Ft Lauderdale. It's a trip, but worth it!! We make a day of it whenever we go.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:47 PM

Hello everyone

Last night I packed up all my stuff and began my trip to Florida. It was quite the drive and the traffic in Virginia was terrible ( 2 hours because people where rubbing necking a turned over car on the other side of the highway )

After 12 hours i got to my hotel in manning, south carolina and I'm just sitting here in the lobby. Driving through Virginia and the Carolina's was such a shock to me, I guess it shouldnt be a surprise since I grew up in new York city. I even doubted my move because how different everything is down here. And I didn't even make it to Florida yet lol

Tomorrow is the final stretch to port st lucie and hoping everything goes smoothly

Old 07-14-2012, 07:13 PM

Christian -- moving is a tramatic thing in itself. Just leaving behind what you know and are familiar with is scary.

Enjoy the areas you are driving through and moving here as "something different". You are driving-- not seeing what is past the highway. There is SO much more!

Take moving to a new area as an "adventure". You opted for something new....so go forward with an open mind to new things.

I promise there are plenty of other people here from NY!! drive safely!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 07:23 PM

Thank you for the comforting words and I know I could sight see some of the states. But I'm just trying to get to Florida as quickly as possible and start getting settled in.

And furthest I moved from new york city is for college which is 60 miles away. This is just so much to take in but I know with time I will get accustomed.

What got to me was when I asked the receptionist at the hotel if there is anything to do here at night. She answered " wal Mart" haha

Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
Don't be hating on the Carolinas- it's beautful country there!! LOL...take it easy and have a safe journey down. You've still got a good few more miles ahead of you, but you're almost here! 90 and a wonderful breeze today. And the ocean is perfect for swimming. Hurry up!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 PM

I am laughing here!!! LOL!!!!!!! Ok... we have lots more to do than "walmart" !!!! Enjoy the ride down !!!

Old 07-15-2012, 09:40 AM

56 posts, read 121,722 times
The drive thru Northern Virginia is tough any time of the day ...and North Carolina is a long state..

but you are well on your way and as FlaLadyB said moving is tramatic ..I cried the day we arrived I was tired and overwhelmed ...but take a deep breath and enjoy your adventure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach