Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 01:07 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,323,707 times

Advertisements

I'd tend to agree. Seems ok if you eat out of a box or a can but wasn't terribly impressed and confused with how excited people were when they first announced they were building here. Don't get the hype at all. Much prefer BJ's, Sam's or even driving the 40 minutes to Costco on North Lake a few times a month.

I'm curious to see WaWa once it is finished. Never been in one and everyone here gushing over it. Kind of like Aldi's so my expectations are low. I'm curious about Culver's as well we desperately need something different and good in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 02:41 PM

71 posts, read 94,994 times
In my opinion, the meat and vegetables are much higher quality at Aldi than the likes of Sams. Their milk and dairy is held to European standards too which for me is important.

Old 12-21-2016, 11:14 AM

88 posts, read 116,999 times
Sorry, but I would never buy meat from Aldi's. All the meat comes in pre packaged. I would rather have them be cutting the meat right there on the spot. At least you have a better chance of the meat being fresh

Old 12-21-2016, 11:32 AM

So which is better, meat that is full of hormones, additives and preservatives, but is cut up on location, or more organic but pre-packaged meat?

Old 12-21-2016, 11:54 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,853,887 times
Organic in the food world is just a word like fresh, Healthy etc... No real laws to regulate what or whre the food comes from. Best not to think about it. But in reality a lot of companies have gone away from the hormones and additives. Some of the disgusting sounding preservatives are natural. I mean I bet people who eat olives don't realize they are soaked in lye to get them to the texture and color they are.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:55 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,323,707 times
There is about a two nano gram difference in a pound of organic beef vs regular.

The difference is so tiny it is ridiculous. The extra 20 pounds or more most of you got on your body contributes more estrogen and other health issues.

Chicken has no added hormones regardless of packaging and free range if you look up what the requirements are for that is also pretty ridiculous. 5 minutes of door time a day.

People love paying more and justifying it with a healthy dose of cognitive dissonance

Last edited by aridon; 12-21-2016 at 05:03 PM..

Old 12-21-2016, 08:16 PM

8,028 posts, read 4,708,105 times
Quote:
People love paying more and justifying it with a healthy dose of cognitive dissonance
...and adding a heaping helping of arrogance about it. I think this will pass as the price differences continue to lessen. Once the supermarket competition makes it impossible for stores like Whole Foods to justify their hideous mark-up on organic items, the "bragging rights" (smugness) over eating "all organic" will also lessen. It'll just be 'another option' at the supermarket.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:20 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,140,270 times
I guess none of you are bothered by GMO's in the feed then..?

and why we have chickens/turkeys that can't stand up because the breast meat was engineered to get huge, deer with antlers that are so weird they are out of a horror movie....and on and on. Now they are saying they are NOT going to put where our MEAT comes from and whats IN IT on labels!

And for any who don't know what GMO's are: A GMO (genetically modified organism) is the result of a laboratory process where genes from the DNA of one species are extracted and artificially forced into the genes of an unrelated plant or animal. The foreign genes may come from bacteria, viruses, insects, animals or even humans.

which means what you are eating, say corn for instance, isn't corn anymore. It's been changed by GMO's to now be something else. AND...they are making corn farmers NOT use REAL CORN to grow new corn. They are only allowed to plant THEIR GMO corn.

Also why Whole Foods is taking out all GMO groceries, and I understand ALDI is too.

Try Looking up MONSANTO .. and read a bit about pesticides and how they are making corn, for instance, with pesticides IN IT.

how the animals they feed are growing strange -- like I mentioned. WHAT are we eating, anyhow?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-22-2016, 06:59 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,779,501 times
What does this have to do with development of PSL??

Old 12-22-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
...and adding a heaping helping of arrogance about it. I think this will pass as the price differences continue to lessen. Once the supermarket competition makes it impossible for stores like Whole Foods to justify their hideous mark-up on organic items, the "bragging rights" (smugness) over eating "all organic" will also lessen. It'll just be 'another option' at the supermarket.
The point about Aldi, is that it's cheaper than everywhere else, and has less of the crap in it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach