Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 05:59 PM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It also looks like a Taco Bell and a Starbucks have been approved for the corner of port St lucie and SW Wayne St
About a year ago it was said that Popeyes was going to be built there, but I guess not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 05:38 AM

88 posts, read 117,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortStLucieWater View Post
According to page 41 of the plan shown here: http://psl.granicus.com/MetaViewer.p...meta_id=138305

Lucky's will be within the building in "Town Center" next to PetCo in the current location where Jetson & Dollar Tree are.

The owner of the property is seeking permission to build a new attachment to the right of PetCo to relocate Dollar Tree there.
I am thinking it will be a while before we ever see Lucky's in there. I don't see Dollar Tree or Jetson's giving up their spot until their respective new locations are done and since neither of those 2 spots have even started construction, I am thinking close to 1 1/2 - 2 yrs.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:58 PM

540 posts, read 589,471 times
Tried Culver's today. Pretty darn good.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Will Port St. Lucie ever get a Cheesecake Factory? The city plans to find out

Some interesting info on the county looking to expand the lacking options for dining in the area.

What is interesting is a few places get mentioned and their requirements for considering a location. Saint Lucie has always struggled with this. We are the land of fast food, Walmart and Aldi's. Would be very nice to see that change and glad they are looking into it.

I don't particular care for some of the places mentioned, they do however use similar metrics and when one comes others tend to follow.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:50 PM

108 posts, read 181,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
About a year ago it was said that Popeyes was going to be built there, but I guess not.
Notice they've cleared a lot across the street.....maybe Popeye's will go there?

Hate to say this, but I'm not real sure I want one. Love the chicken. Nearest ones are the two in Ft. Pierce and one in Riviera Beach, that I know of. Not in the best of neighborhoods....kinda wondering how it reflects on the area. Would a Popeye's bring down property values?

howlinowl

Old 06-25-2017, 08:57 PM

108 posts, read 181,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Will Port St. Lucie ever get a Cheesecake Factory? The city plans to find out

Some interesting info on the county looking to expand the lacking options for dining in the area.

What is interesting is a few places get mentioned and their requirements for considering a location. Saint Lucie has always struggled with this. We are the land of fast food, Walmart and Aldi's. Would be very nice to see that change and glad they are looking into it.

I don't particular care for some of the places mentioned, they do however use similar metrics and when one comes others tend to follow.
The city's paying 150 grand to study this??? Here, let me save you a few bucks.....

Quote from article:
"For Whole Foods to open, for example, it wants an area with 200,000 people with a median household income of $60,000 living within a 20-minute drive. Trader Joe's prefers 36,000 people with a four-year degree living within a 15-minute drive and a minimum of $60,000 household income. Ruth's Chris Steak House looks for 9,000 people with a household income of $85,000 in a 1- to 5-mile radius, according to data collected by Liff's firm."
End Quote.

Another quote from article:
"Port St. Lucie, with its population of about 185,000, has a median household income of $49,800, according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates."
End quote.

There's your answer, we just don't make enough money. That, and considering that a lot of folks (myself included) commute to WPB with higher cost leaves even less money.

Instead of 150 grand, I'll just charge half....what a bargain!!!

howlinowl

Old 06-25-2017, 09:23 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Just because whole foods won't consider it doesn't mean others are in the same boat. We know the demographics don't fit certain chains but others will fit and trying to expand options here is a good thing. The study isn't just about why companies aren't here, it's targeting places to open up here.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:53 PM

481 posts, read 760,166 times
Quote:
PORT ST. LUCIE — Driving down largely undeveloped Becker Road will one day be a unique experience distinctive from any other major thoroughfare in the city.

That's the hope of city officials, who are paying particular attention to detail as they plan what the predominately tree-lined, meticulously manicured and landscaped road will look like once design standards are set.

Some of those guidelines could limit the amount of driveways on the road, require architectural design themes and dictate how close buildings can be located to the street.

Mayor Greg Oravec said Monday he hopes plans for an improved Becker Road ultimately will create higher property values there.

"We really have the opportunity to do Becker Road right," he said. "And certainly, we’ve put in the investment in that beautiful road."

But why now? Although Becker looks new, the road has been around for decades.

Becker Road was originally built by General Development Corporation in the late 1970s. It was widened from two lanes to four and extended between Interstate 95 and Florida's Turnpike decades later. The $35.5 million widening and extension project, which included property acquisition, began in October 2008 and was completed in March 2012. The road connects Tradition to Martin County.

"The city has looked at this corridor from a land use perspective for almost 20 years," city officials said. "Because of the widening of Becker Road, the two connections it provides to Martin County and the connections to the two interstates, development pressures have increased."

It's also a road that has yet to see the development boom other major corridors have experienced, City Manager Russ Blackburn said Monday.

"Now is the time to do it before the lots are built out," he said.

The vast majority of lots along Becker are zoned for single-family homes. The City Council on Monday imposed a six-month moratorium on the submittal of development plans and applications while the city creates design standards. The city has applied for grant money from the state to help with the planning that staff already started, which should be completed by year's end, Blackburn said.

Veranda Falls shopping center along Becker Road in
Veranda Falls shopping center along Becker Road in Port St. Lucie has cobblestone streets and picturesque waterfalls.

Aside from the occasional single-family home and a couple of upscale gated communities, Becker Road has one gas station, a fire station and a shopping plaza unique to Port St. Lucie. Veranda Falls is anchored by Publix and Bonefish Mac's restaurant. The shopping center has cobblestone streets and picturesque waterfalls along the perimeter of the plaza.

Vice Mayor Shannon Martin envisions the rest of Becker Road mirroring the look of the rustic plaza.

"It's pleasing to the eye," Martin said Tuesday. "It's an enjoyable shopping experience and restaurant experience, having Bonefish Mac's there and being able to eat outside and look down at the creek and see the sculptures."

City officials envision unique design for Becker Road

Old 06-28-2017, 05:40 AM

88 posts, read 117,637 times
i believe they have been saying this for the past 10 years. They even put out pictures on how they wanted it to look several years back.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 PM

162 posts, read 311,210 times
Default Tin Fish Tradition

Looks as though Tin Fish has closed for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach