Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 08:36 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,615 times

Advertisements

I think I am with the majority of PSL residents that are just breathing a sigh of relief that the Digital Domain Debacle is behind us. Yes, it was a loser- a huge loser for PSL. I certainly hope our leaders have learned their lesson and will spend our money with a little more prudence in the future. A 25 mil loss is horrible, but keeping that empty building on the books would only hurt the city even more. It's time to lick our wounds and move on.

Can't wait to hear what goes in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 AM

34 posts, read 53,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Found this really great photo of the new bridge from Palm City to Stuart -- under construction. Not sure when it was taken but great shot.
Great pic, thanks

I wish they would build a bridge @walton going over to Hutchinson Island, getting to the beach is such a pain when the only bridges are in Jensen or Ft P. They must be at least 15 - 20 miles between them, it couldn't hurt to put one in the middle.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:22 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,305,481 times
SeeTheUSA ..agreed

Old 07-09-2013, 11:44 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
I think I am with the majority of PSL residents that are just breathing a sigh of relief that the Digital Domain Debacle is behind us. Yes, it was a loser- a huge loser for PSL. I certainly hope our leaders have learned their lesson and will spend our money with a little more prudence in the future. A 25 mil loss is horrible, but keeping that empty building on the books would only hurt the city even more. It's time to lick our wounds and move on.

Can't wait to hear what goes in there.
According to my neighbor, it will be a museum that will bring travel exhibits. Don't know for sure.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
According to my neighbor, it will be a museum that will bring travel exhibits. Don't know for sure.
That would be cool. This neighborhood could use a little culture.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannedsilk View Post
Great pic, thanks

I wish they would build a bridge @walton going over to Hutchinson Island, getting to the beach is such a pain when the only bridges are in Jensen or Ft P. They must be at least 15 - 20 miles between them, it couldn't hurt to put one in the middle.
There was a proposal to place a bridge over the Indian River Lagoon at Walton Rd but it was placed on the back burner to proceed with the bridge over the North Fork of the St. Lucie River. I think that plan sooner or later will resurface. I'd also, over time, like to see Becker Rd connected to US-1 as Southern Grove starts to be developed.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
I'd also, over time, like to see Becker Rd connected to US-1 as Southern Grove starts to be developed.
I would never move if that ever was announced. Unfortunately PSL would add 50 lights to the road and have them all set up with these stupid cameras. I swear they are in cahoots with the brake manufacturers somewhere. I have 14 lights between my house and US1. If I am lucky, I only have to stop at 7 or 8.

Most of the time I am unlucky. I hate PSL traffic lights.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:06 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
That would be cool. This neighborhood could use a little culture.
I think so.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
I would never move if that ever was announced. Unfortunately PSL would add 50 lights to the road and have them all set up with these stupid cameras. I swear they are in cahoots with the brake manufacturers somewhere. I have 14 lights between my house and US1. If I am lucky, I only have to stop at 7 or 8.

Most of the time I am unlucky. I hate PSL traffic lights.
You must live near me. Ha ha. I think the Long Range Transportation Plan is to connect Becker Rd to Britt Rd. Of course being as long range as it is it may not happen, and if it does it won't necessarily connect to Britt Rd. Walton Rd though I think will happen. The need for it will increase overtime and it's well positioned for a bridge.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:18 PM

79 posts, read 256,030 times
Plans for the Panera in Tradition. Scroll to the bottom to see it.

http://psl.granicus.com/MetaViewer.p...&meta_id=84903

I was curious when and where exactly it would be built. The when exactly is still anyone's guess. But the property will be split, the new Panera (with a connection to Village Pkwy) and new office space.

I don't like the connection to Village. I enjoy rollerblading around the lake and now having to worry about traffic at that spot is disappointing. Plenty of other people run/walk around too.

Would have preferred if they bought the land across the street by the Olive Garden. It's a comparable size, car access would be much easier, and the lake's route would remain undisturbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach