Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 08:09 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTM View Post
That woman is a real estate agent trying to sell property. There is plenty of crime in PSL. It was very poorly designed except for Tradition, which in a lot of ways failed miserably. It's a very corrupt town with aggressive mean cops; a rotten place to live IMO based on 15 months living there. The promised infrastructure never arrived.
Don't know FlaLadyB at all other than this site , don't always agree with what she says either . BUT when I first started my search for the treasure coast , she answered all my endless questions and never a expectation that we would use her as a Real Estate Agent when buying a home( we in fact didn't use her) . she was a valuable resource for us when we were looking at this area from 1200 miles away ... Lighten up, she's not evil. is she a real setae agent , yep , does she force her will upon you , no.... Now as others have said . let's get back in topic ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 05:27 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,053 times
Nice news!!

20 Safest Cities in Florida: Safest Places to Live in FL | Safe Choice Security News

Old 11-10-2014, 05:41 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,304,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
See post 553 , I posted this a few days ago..

Old 11-10-2014, 08:17 AM

63 posts, read 130,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt3105 View Post
Why was my post deleted for pointing out the fact that a new doughnut place was opening up in PSL?
Most likely someone reported your post, and therefore a mod edited it. I don't know "all" the facts, so I will refrain from commenting further.

However, I will say this: I deal in facts, not mere conjecture or false propaganda. On this sub-forum, the cold-hard facts need to be presented to the people who read this sub-forum, and not mere conjecture or unsupported documentation posted in an attempt to manipulate the reader.

Cold-hard facts, ladies and gentlemen.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:39 PM
ZTM

57 posts, read 94,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
ok............here ya go

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Read the comments associated with this ridiculous article. The author clearly has never been to PSL

Last edited by Yac; 11-20-2014 at 06:41 AM..

Old 11-10-2014, 02:38 PM

24 posts, read 46,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTM View Post
Read the comments associated with this ridiculous article. The author clearly has never been to PSL
Many informative sites regarding crime stats have said that PSL is one of the safest cities in Florida regarding its size. Can post many more if you would like

Police can once again boast Port St. Lucie safest city for size in state - TC Palm
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Port St. Lucie?s crime rate drops 19 percent in 2013 | Police Department | Port St. Lucie, Florida | Official Website

Crime statistics from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/...013annual.aspx

Last edited by Yac; 11-20-2014 at 06:56 AM..

Old 11-10-2014, 02:48 PM

24 posts, read 46,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy85 View Post
Most likely someone reported your post, and therefore a mod edited it. I don't know "all" the facts, so I will refrain from commenting further.

However, I will say this: I deal in facts, not mere conjecture or false propaganda. On this sub-forum, the cold-hard facts need to be presented to the people who read this sub-forum, and not mere conjecture or unsupported documentation posted in an attempt to manipulate the reader.

Cold-hard facts, ladies and gentlemen.
Had no idea a new doughnut shop opening up was manipulating the reader. Just stating facts on the matter. Thank you

Old 11-10-2014, 03:50 PM

35 posts, read 53,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortStLucieWater View Post
Or maybe some of us are trying to show what we experience living here every day and not what an outsider who visited this area and apparently only went to the older areas saw. It's equivalent to me judging Miami as a whole when I only visited Hialeah or Overtown. You need to go to Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, Aventura, South Beach, Miami Shores, etc to get a true opinion.

I stand by everything I said. The St Lucie West area is very very nice. The people are friendly and courteous. I have yet to experience a rude driver, beggar, or homeless person.

My statements have nothing to do with "seeking validation" on a decision to reside in this city. If I didn't feel the way I feel about PSL I would not even post here to counter the negative posts. I would probably be trying to figure out how to get out of here.

Btw, you keep mentioning incomes -- and granted I am just one person but I make 6 figures. I don't think you realize but many of us who moved here specifically came here to get AWAY from big downtown hustle & bustle of a big city.

In Miami the income disparity is disgusting. On one street you will see see multi million dollar condos and homes...drive a few blocks and there are people picking thru trash and begging on the corner.

I'd prefer that if you were going to voice a negative opinion on PSL that you at least compare it to another place that you consider "better". Every location has its positives and negatives. You find me the best place to live in the world and I will find you a person who hates living there and vice versa.
Please show me where I voiced a negative opinion of PSL. Everyone of my posts has been based in census data and development trends in the city. I have not just visited the city, but have called St. Lucie County my home for 30 years. My children have been raised here and my family owned business has been instrumental in the development within the city limits. You are just one person and your six figure income is the exception to the rule. I simply stated that prospective residents should know facts about the area, including but not limited too:
Housing prices are at the lowest levels in nearly two decades and will never recover to pre recession levels
The school district is the worst in the state by size and has no plan to improve
New residents are routinely moving here (specifically the SW area) and relying on government benefits to survive ( I own multiple rental properties)

My position has always been that the actual development in the city does not mirror the rumors perpetuated in this forum. I believe the city is under tremendous pressure from new residents that come with no job and burden schools and infrastructure, contributing nothing. Florida has always attracted retired residents and they have historically enjoyed the SLW corridor. Unfortuneatly PSL is much more than SLW and the actual development occurring mirrors the sad economic condition and future prospects. You have asked for better locations/ cities? Well if I am a middle class family with an income and children I might consider Palm City, Venice, North Port, Brevard Beaches. Unemployment and poverty limit choices for most and the choice will likely be PSL for many. Just the facts!!

Old 11-10-2014, 04:00 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
11. Port St. Lucie, FL

Port St. Lucie, FL is the biggest city on our list with a whopping 168,000 residents. It is astounding to feature a city of this size on a listing of safer cities in Florida. Located on the east coast of Florida, it is a newer planned community, with very affordable housing. It was recently listed in the top 10 cities for job growth in the United States. With a focus on environmental and community concerns, the city of Port St. Lucie does a great job of taking care of its residents.

Yea they are taking good care of us with all the debt that adds up to millions from Digital Domain and City Center. Can anyone tell me where this marina in the photo is?

Old 11-10-2014, 04:10 PM

35 posts, read 53,946 times
Actual PSL urban development in the next 3-12 months:

One Publix
One aldi
Two gas stations
A strip mall containing three fast food restaurants (Tradition)
One Pollo Tropical Restaurant (SLW)

Not confirmed but possible:
Golden Corral ( gatlin)
Murphy Gas ( gatlin)
CVS ( Becker )
Dollar General ( Becker)
Panera (cough cough)

Last edited by soflek; 11-10-2014 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Forgot the ever present panera!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach