Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 05:37 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,393 times

Advertisements

Random thought. Torrey Pines, VGTI & Digital Domain were a disastrous proposal because standing alone they were doomed to failure. The addition of Tradition Medical Center was certainly an improvement. The addition of a Church, not so much. I'd like to see an institution of higher education enter that picture. FAU, or whatever the state university in Florida is should have a presence. It's going to be incredibly difficult to create a win win for those structures should either VGTI or Torrey Pines follow suit with Digital Domain. If an institution of higher learning, with student housing, followed it might be easier to attract the interest of VGTI or Torrey Pines replacements, or better yet, make their reason to stay more lucrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 07:20 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,905 times
The reason these businesses were disastrous was because they were given massive amounts of incentives without proving they were good investments. The state and city were so hell- bent on getting new tech businesses into FL that they were throwing millions at them. We now realize that they did not have the ability to survive the economic downturn, and the taxpayers are left with the mortgages.

Pricey lessons, and I sincerely hope our leaders have learned from those mistakes. The school will be good for our city, but a few good, strong companies would be even better. Get the people in this city working here instead of WPB!

Old 06-06-2015, 08:26 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,393 times
What Florida needs to do is incubate new industry and not try to lure California businesses with incentives. VGTI and Torrey Pines, as well as Digital Domain had an incredible support system in California. The infrastructure, creative synergy and common business make it a place to be relevant, even if the state is not tax friendly. And that's what Florida is trying to sell, tax friendly. The problem is that Florida lacks the Synergy and infrastructure to support these types of businesses. They require a growing force and business environment to nurture their growth. In a recent interview with Gov Scott, the LA Times basically put him in a humiliating position because of his attempt to lure businesses with tax incentives. Q&A with Florida Gov. Rick Scott on his bid to steal California jobs - LA Times

Old 06-10-2015, 09:12 AM

4 posts, read 4,050 times
Any word on the Wawa at Prima Vista? SLW

Old 06-10-2015, 09:30 AM

Wawa didn't submit an actual permit application and are going back to redraw their plans from what I understand. The first Wawa to come to PSL will most likely be in Tradition.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:51 AM

Also- today in SLW, I noticed the signs have changed. No more Pollo Tropical. They are still building, but the restaurant will be a Tijuana Flats. Also a Cheddar's is coming next to it.

The Emergency Clinic at Darwin had their grand opening this morning as well!

Old 06-10-2015, 07:44 PM

361 posts, read 749,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Also- today in SLW, I noticed the signs have changed. No more Pollo Tropical. They are still building, but the restaurant will be a Tijuana Flats. Also a Cheddar's is coming next to it.
That is quite the disappointment. I was excited to have Pollo Tropical as an additional lunch option.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortStLucieWater View Post
That is quite the disappointment. I was excited to have Pollo Tropical as an additional lunch option.

Sorry- I was wrong. All three are coming to the strip mall. Pollo Tropical lives! LOL

Old 06-12-2015, 05:17 AM

98 posts, read 167,217 times
That's a relief! I was really looking forward to their yellow rice, black beans and plantains. YAY!

Old 06-12-2015, 08:55 AM

88 posts, read 117,614 times
Now if they would just widen SLW from turnpike to the 95. Odd place to put Cheddars. seems like more of a fit down by 95, but it will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach