Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2015, 12:23 PM

228 posts, read 247,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy08 View Post
I'm not sure I share your sentiment about this. I think it's a good idea to establish neighborhood identities. It gives people a sense of place, and it allows the community to build it's infrastructure to further meet it's habitants needs. Having lived in Port St. Lucie I can say without a doubt that too many communities outsides of gates are lacking basic services that as neighborhoods could better be faced. Further, having an identity (sense of place) they right people can come together to determine what is best for their own neighborhood. Time will tell though.
I agree identity is important, and that identity would have been better served not allowing HOA's to begin with, then everyone would be part of PORT ST LUCIE rather proper or not. Instead of mini-enclaves divided by race/income etc. This is not part of my normal rant against HOA's but instead my rant against division of a populace, How could establishing a neighborhood name increase the cities likelihood of providing aa service? How would it enforce bobby or george or jose or linda or manuel to plant flowers near an entry sign? or improve the area's plumbing capabilities? Now if all your referring to is beaitifucation projects like what an HOA would enforce, then they better not, too many folks choose to live outside of HOA's for a reason and its not just/always a cost factor as there are plenty of affordable HOA's many folks could but choose not to take part in.

I guess what it comes down to is, in which way do you believe those areas are underserved and in what way will this help that a broader spectrum of encouraging folks to be part of a bigger community and not part of a microcosm that only serves to divide not do? Playing devil's advocate here as I said in my post it is an interesting thought, and it would be nice if folks voluntarily as part of their civic pride/duty stepped up and beautified an area and managed a local park providing basic lawn care/maintenance services for an area etc.. In my limited experience, the promotion of such behavior however quickly leads those who contribute either time and effort or money to feel cheated by those who do not provide and that leads to boards/formation of HOA's or a dissolution of the services/monies provided and therefor would be wasted tax dollars that went to the intial outlay of clearing/establishment of parks, construction/installation of signs etc. Now as to bike/cart trails next to roadways/major thru fairs of areas that is different as not upkeep beyond the occasional repair is required and the edging/grass overgrowth would be covered by existing city/area codes.

Just my thoughts for discussion.

case in point, even though I can shoot up to 300 yards in my backyard, I am a member of a private gun club, last week i was mowing some parking areas at the club on my own tractor that I towed with my own truck/trailer and I used to truck/trailer to block off the closest parking lot so that no one would park there so I did not have to worry about kicking up rocks/sticks/debris onto someons private vehicle, then when I was done, I blocked th enext then the next etc. as I went through the area. Someone complained to the board that "some idiot" was blocking all the parking lots throughout the day. (no lot was blocked more than 1hr and any two lots are not more than 100 yards from where the previous one would leave you. See, so say i volunteered my heavier equipment to mow the neighborhood park, but I only had tuesday's off work, I get up tuesday morning and go to mow yet susy and marie are having their morning starbucks while their kids slide and play, so I leave them be, and try again 2-3 times throughout the day, then poof tuesday's gone yet the park was too busy to mow, a week goes by, then since "I'm always the guy that mows" I get an email/letter on my box complaining that the park wasn't mowed for weeks. Yet if I ask for the Park to be closed tuesday's, there will always be a group of people that are affecting and outspoken for a given day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 09:28 AM

3 posts, read 3,614 times
Default Hi i'm new to this site too so glad to meet a new comer

Hi so glad to meet a new comer I'm new here too on this site.
Quote:
Hi everyone. I am new to the forums on City-Data and because I've noticed the area is lacking a development source I thought I'd start one on here. I've been living in Port St. Lucie since 2008 and there are lots of projects going on from the development of Tradition including Martin Health System's new hospital and the Mann Research center; and infrastructure projects like Crosstown Parkway, the design and build of Port St Lucie Blvd's south end, and lesser known projects like Amtrak's return to the FEC railway and the newest proposal All Aboard Florida. Also, future projects like the bus rapid transit system on US1, the proposed inland port, etc. Any and all contributions are appreciated and I look forward to seeing what new developments are in progress or around the corner for the community.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:41 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
Welcome Drive....

Read thru the posts and ask questions if you like. This particular thread/ group of posts, are only for development information in the area.

If you have other questions, please start a new Thread or add to another of the same topic you have a question about.

BTW....Ruffy isn't new...that's an old post

Old 08-03-2015, 04:30 PM

18 posts, read 30,291 times
Default Wawa. Coming soon.

Sign posted in Tradition over the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
St. Lucie Urban Area Development-img_1099.jpg  

Old 08-07-2015, 06:18 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,784 times
The racetrack gas station on Gatlin is coming along nicely too. I drove by it when I visited this past weekend. Looks like some apartments are going up on Edwards Road I saw in the TC Palm.

Old 08-16-2015, 11:47 AM

Home Goods in St Lucie West will have it's Grand Opening on Sunday the 23rd.

There will be a Special Preview opening on Friday the 21st from 4 to 9pm

If you have a TJMaxx Credit card you can also use it there.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:45 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Quote:
The racetrack gas station on Gatlin is coming along nicely too. I drove by it when I visited this past weekend. Looks like some apartments are going up on Edwards Road I saw in the TC Palm.
I can't believe how massive that station is. Gatlin Blvd is going to become the fuel mecca of FL!

Wawa isn't messing around either. They've already been placing the fuel tanks and getting the groundwork done for their location in Tradition.

Old 08-18-2015, 05:25 AM

88 posts, read 117,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
I can't believe how massive that station is. Gatlin Blvd is going to become the fuel mecca of FL!

Wawa isn't messing around either. They've already been placing the fuel tanks and getting the groundwork done for their location in Tradition.
They aren't the fuel tanks yet at the WaWa. They are still working on the sewer and drainage system.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:41 PM

403 posts, read 1,079,784 times
New developents that might be worth discussing. The development of the waterfront south of the Botanical Gardens, Elite introducing airline service to Newark from Vero Beach and possible another destination, another airline possibly offering service to Charlotte, and a possible turnpike ramp at Midway Road.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:29 PM

PUBLIC MEETING TO DISCUSS THE BECKER RD CORRIDOR

A public neighborhood focus group will be held on Tuesday, Aug. 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Parks Edge Clubhouse for those interested in the Becker Road Corridor (between Florida’s Turnpike and I-95).

This focus group is intended to solicit ideas from residents, property owners and those with a general interest in this area, and to gather citizen and business owner input and ideas on how to define and enhance this area.

Visit www.psl neighborhoods.com to see presentation results and photos from past neighborhood planning workshops focusing on Planning Area 3 and Planning Areas 4N/4S.

On this site, you can also join the email list to receive free e-newsletters with information about upcoming focus group workshops, outreach events and project information.

Parks Edge Clubhouse is located at 3201 S.W. Landale Blvd.

Public invited to provide input for Becker Road Corridor | Planning & Zoning | City of Port St. Lucie,

For more information, contact:
Katherine Huntress/John Finizio
Planning & Zoning Department
City of Port St. Lucie
(772) 871-5213
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach