Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 06:48 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,615 times

Advertisements

Ok- seeing how energetic the "best pizza" thread was, I thought it would be interesting to hear what everyone thought was the best Chinese restaurant in the Treasure Coast. I'm not wanting the disgusting "all-you-can-eat" buffets, but actual quality food. Let me know your favorite place!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 09:13 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,239 times
There is no real good chinese food at treasure coast. The best one is Shandong Noodle House at Verobeach. It can be crowded and sometime have to wait for a long time.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:30 AM

361 posts, read 749,876 times
I'm a big fan of my home kitchen. Lately I've been practicing chinese food. I've learned how to make a stir fry. It took me some time to figure out how to soften some of the cheaper cuts of meat. One good trick I learned is cut thin slices against the grain of the meat at a 45 degree angle and then marinate in a mixture of half a cup of cornstarch, 1 cup of water, and some soy sauce for almost an hour (stirring occasionally). This will make the meat extremely tender! The meat I used for this is called "Sandwich Steak" and is usually sold is 3 long thin slices. It is very difficult to work with but the above method makes it very tender.

I also make Sushi but so far my only experience is with "California Rolls".

Good luck on your search for some good Chinese food. The only Chinese 'restaurant' I have had since being here in Port St. Lucie was Panda Express. It was "ok" for a "large chain".

Old 06-16-2012, 10:10 AM

18 posts, read 21,745 times
P.F. Changs... home made! Lol...
There is Hunan Gardens in PSL off of US1 in the Publix plaza near Veterans Memorial Pkway.

Old 06-16-2012, 06:36 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Szechuan Palace in Vero. Best I've had in the area.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:24 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Ok- seeing how energetic the "best pizza" thread was, I thought it would be interesting to hear what everyone thought was the best Chinese restaurant in the Treasure Coast. I'm not wanting the disgusting "all-you-can-eat" buffets, but actual quality food. Let me know your favorite place!
Went to The Peking Chinese Restaruant in Fort Pierce on the Route 1 and the food was high quality ...very high quality and nice decorations inside. Good Server .

Old 06-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Cool. We were up there this morning to hit up the farmer's market and Nelson's on Midway. I wish we would have eaten up there, but we made the mistake of going down to Jensen Beach and ate at Chili's in front of the mall. Horrible! Do NOT go there!!

I love going to local restaurants vs the major chains. I try to avoid the chains at all cost, but the wife was dying to eat. Chili's was last resort before she started chewing on me!!!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:08 PM

34 posts, read 53,323 times
I'll second the Peking on US1, Ft Pierce

Old 07-03-2012, 07:32 PM

37 posts, read 117,835 times
I enjoy China Delight on PSL Blvd in the plaza of Morningside and PSL Blvd where the Pet store is.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticspoof View Post
I enjoy China Delight on PSL Blvd in the plaza of Morningside and PSL Blvd where the Pet store is.
We actually went there after I started this thread. My kids went to VBS at Morningside church and we just crossed the road. I thought it was just OK- nothing special. Definitely a permanent snowbird place. We were the youngest people in there, everyone else had their AARP cards for a few years.

The highlight of that strip mall is the St Lucie Bakery though. That place is AmAzInG!! I was floored when I went in there- the spread of cakes, cookies,cannolis, and breads were awesome. I dare anyone go in there and leave empty handed. I have some cookies I bought from there on my counter now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach