Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 AM

4 posts, read 5,055 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Port St. Lucie in August. We love the area and have been saying for years we should move and this is finally the year we're taking the plunge. We're renting a home in Saint James. Our son is entering kindergarten and if I understand correctly we submit a top 3 list of schools but he could placed in any one of them. Is anyone familiar with the area schools?

Since my wife will be working, and I will hopefully find a job over there sooner than later (if you know anyone who needs a social services supervisor with 6 years of experience please let me know ) we will need a daycare for our 5 month old as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for a daycare service in the area? Ideally we'd love to have her in a home daycare or with an individual caregiver. Any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 11:59 AM

63 posts, read 263,813 times
I am moving there too at the end of this year from up north... but I work online so all I need is internet

Old 06-25-2012, 07:17 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
Ok- here is how the schools work:

You are moving to zip code 34983, correct? If that is right, you will be in the blue1 zone. You may rank the elementary schools in the blue zone (which has 5 elementary schools) from 1 thru 5. You bring the required child info to the school board in Ft Pierce and they will put your choices into "the computer". They then give you the school assignment. It may be your first choice, or it may be your last (like it was in my case). It's just based on available space. You do have some leverage if your child has special needs or is gifted.

Anyway, here are your choices for schools:
1.-Floresta Elementary
2. Northport K-8
3. Parkway Elementary
4. Rivers Edge Elementary
5. Savanna Ridge Elementary

Do your research and hope for thee best when you get your assignment! If you need any more info/help- feel free to ask!!

Old 07-02-2012, 04:55 AM

11 posts, read 24,851 times
Default Get paperwork in early

The paperwork for school registration can be done early via mail. Download the forms you need from stlucie.k12.fl.us. From that site, you can also research FCAT data and other school information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach