Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 AM

27 posts, read 76,312 times

Advertisements

Well having the capabilities to search the MLS there you should come up with more than I can given my limited resources; although the sites I'm searching are usually only 72 hours behind any updates on the MLS; of course that's also given the agent is "on the ball" as for marketing the property best for their client. That said we've pretty much limited our search to homes with pools so that would support your research coinciding As for any mistakes on the listings [not that those mistakes negate my findings or are reflective of my abilities]: those mistakes fall on the agents who are listing and given misleading information being entered into the MLS that raises a red flag about that individual as well as their broker and/or brokerage company. I do find it odd that someone would be so lacking that they would make mistakes like that which could have legal ramifications. Of course one more possibility could be on par with See's explanation as for homes being plumbed for gas as well as electric and people, for some strange reason, choosing electric stoves; although See also suggested that electric is cheaper which could be the case out there although it's certainly not the case here in Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 09:54 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
Mistakes are made.. it happens .. I see them all the time.

Realtor.com is always behind, especially if a house is under contract already. All of them only report what is put in the mls.. no more It's a computer world with human error

there is also a disclosure for those errors

Old 07-08-2012, 02:07 PM

27 posts, read 76,312 times
True. Though I've doubts as to all "mistakes" being such given some of the results from searches we've done specifying "pool" and then agents having put pool in the listing and there not being a pool and they make a note as to there being room to install a pool. So while they accomplished their listing coming up in a search, they never gave one thought as to their name (as well as brokers name) being saved as someone not to be trusted as.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:12 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
I dont like them doing it either when I find one like that, I report them. If they are in Regioinal MLS... they will get notified to change it. I see the same thing for condos-- they dont have a individual pool, they have a community pool. Big difference. They are doing it for marketing. Room for a pool, is not a pool. I don't disagree, but it hasn't stopped them from doing it.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM

19 posts, read 57,948 times
Sadly some of the other MLS systems that send info to Regional MLS are not quite compatible. For some reason when Martin County MLS transfers over to Regional it will have the "room for a pool" checked but then when that transfers to Realtor.com it gets all mashed up and wrong. Some of the independent MLSs are not as techy as Regional. Also since there is no conformity through any of the hundreds of MLS systems in the country, Realtor.com or any of the other search sites can not possibly translate all that info properly. It's not always the agent that has incorrectly entered the info, some blank fields (not required) default to whatever is customary throughout the country.
I can add Lake Charles and The Vineyards to the list of developments that offer gas although most prefer electric stoves anyway. I know I do and I cook all the time. I grew up with gas and I've never really felt comfortable with an open flame. Couldn't wait to get electric when I bought my first house. I guess everyone has their own comfort level and preferences. Good luck!

Old 07-10-2012, 07:10 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
When I first moved to Florida we had a gas stove and water heater in the house we rented. It had a tank outside the house and a truck came out and filled the tank on a regular basis. The thing that was scary was when the hurricanes came. You had to make sure the gas was turned off to the house and we worried the winds would rip off the tank and tthe house would catch fire. So we have been electric only since then. Though once the hurricane was done we could turn the gas back on and cook inside while the neighbors electric stoves were pretty much useless for a week.

They put natural gas through town, but the pipes seem to be mostly above ground here. To me gas is scary down here and electric is just easier and safer. LOL Propably false security but what can I say? .

Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,865,463 times
More people have been killed by natural gas explosions in homes than all of the Atomic bombs dropped on Japan. Hundreds of homes world wide are leveled every year by gas leaks. In some cases whole blocks.

That being said when a hurricane comes through and you have no power for an extended period gas will be your friend. We used it to heat water and poured it through our electric coffee maker to make coffee in the morning. We had hot meals every night. When you get comfortable using gas it is hard to go back to elecric because it does not cook the same. The biggest pro I can find though is that at least electric ovens are more accurate on the temperature. We have to set ours 25 degrees higher than the recepie calls for.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
If gas cooking in important, you can always get a propane(LP) tank installed either next to the home or in the yard. they are usually under $20/yr to lease or under $250 to buy. Check yellow pages for LP gas suppliers in your area.

Then buy a gas stove or cooktop that allows use of either natural gas or propane(most are like this). Then have the LP gas supplier install and hook up the stove or cooktop and submit any needed county or city permits for the LP installation and inspection. The tanks are pretty small and you can hide them with shrubs.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:08 PM

52 posts, read 160,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
If gas cooking in important, you can always get a propane(LP) tank installed either next to the home or in the yard. they are usually under $20/yr to lease or under $250 to buy. Check yellow pages for LP gas suppliers in your area.

Then buy a gas stove or cooktop that allows use of either natural gas or propane(most are like this). Then have the LP gas supplier install and hook up the stove or cooktop and submit any needed county or city permits for the LP installation and inspection. The tanks are pretty small and you can hide them with shrubs.
We have a 250 gallon propane tank in the ground at our house in River Place. Stove and hot water heater. This was installed when the house was under construction. It was a option for the home owner to buy or not!

Old 07-15-2012, 10:47 AM

249 posts, read 882,812 times
Default Mls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Mistakes are made.. it happens .. I see them all the time.

Realtor.com is always behind, especially if a house is under contract already. All of them only report what is put in the mls.. no more It's a computer world with human error

there is also a disclosure for those errors
They only report what is in the MLS and the agents are responsible for updating that info and many are lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach