Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 04:14 AM

36 posts, read 64,430 times

Advertisements

Hello I would like some advise of the PSL area am moving there from Long Island NY with my 6 year old and would like to know if SE area is better than SW or if NW, NE is better area. I would like to be close to the beach. I heard Torino area is nice, I am planing in buying a home there but we would like to be in a good area. Realtors do not tell you if the area is bad or good they just want to sell. Is crime high at PSL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 03:57 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,151 times
Ok- first of all, congrats and welcome to the Treasure Coast!! Just a few questions for you-

1. Where will you be working?
2. How much are you looking at spending on a home?
3. Is you child planning on attending public or private school?

We can help you out alot better if you give us something to work with ;o)

Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,985,635 times
I talked to a woman at the village of PSL , she said school are not that good, but if you go to stuart or jupiter...They are nicer but more expensive... My wife and I are just thinking about moving to PSL for the cheap real estate and send out son to private school...We live in chicago right now and are counting down the days til next year til we move out there... :_)

Old 08-20-2012, 11:23 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,197,078 times
Ok.. Im at Realtor and I live here too. I will tell you about areas that are nice to live in - like Torino is... and no I dont live there- and some that are not so wonderful, like east of US#1.

We are not allowed by LAW to say anything about schools or peoples race or any number of things that I am sure you already know about. That doesn't make us bad, just restricted in what we can say sometimes.

If you are worried about crime, PSL is not a crime area. You can go to the Police Dept site and look at any area you want and even choose the type of crime you want to search for. Try Jensen Beach for starters then go the Torino area and see the differences.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:53 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,305,105 times
Wow still beating up us guys that live east of US 1 ??

Old 08-20-2012, 11:58 AM

still?

If you read the posts on here all the time you will see that I am not the one who says they don't like living east of US#1. Clients who live here tell me they don't want east of US#1 when they are looking. Must be a reason...

Old 08-20-2012, 12:05 PM

ok.. for anyones use-- here is the police dept map with actual crimes. I set the map (you can change the date) from April 1, 2012 to today. You can move the map around to different areas with your mouse -- drag it to where you want to look.

you can ask about different kinds of crimes -- look along the bottom

CrimeReports.com

Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Ok- first of all, congrats and welcome to the Treasure Coast!! Just a few questions for you-

1. Where will you be working?
2. How much are you looking at spending on a home?
3. Is you child planning on attending public or private school?

We can help you out alot better if you give us something to work with ;o)
I will be moving to the area by Dec. of this year.January 2013. Looking to buy in PSL upto 180k 2 story home in a nice area. If possible lake front, or a nice area as I mentioned I have a child and will like to be in a nice area. My child will be attending public school. I will be working in /Social services /Fort Pierce. Can you advice? Thanks for your reply.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Ok.. Im at Realtor and I live here too. I will tell you about areas that are nice to live in - like Torino is... and no I dont live there- and some that are not so wonderful, like east of US#1.

We are not allowed by LAW to say anything about schools or peoples race or any number of things that I am sure you already know about. That doesn't make us bad, just restricted in what we can say sometimes.

If you are worried about crime, PSL is not a crime area. You can go to the Police Dept site and look at any area you want and even choose the type of crime you want to search for. Try Jensen Beach for starters then go the Torino area and see the differences.

Thank you for the info. I find thr map very helpful.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:07 AM

6 posts, read 26,862 times
Hi
I had a question about your post about PSL and "east of US1" and Jensen Beach.

I am not from the area. I live in LA California and was wondering why areas like east of US1 and Jensen beach are bad because usually areas closer to the beach are move expensive, not cheaper. I would think going inland areas would get worse.

thank you
Carleton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach