Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 04:22 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times

Advertisements

Is anyone here on their water system?

I just moved on Friday from Tradition -Heritage Oaks - to Magnolia Lakes.

My water/sewer bill WAS $40-42 a month.

My NEW BILL -- looks like its going to be DOUBLE!!!! Base of $53/month THEN add on my Usage?!!!!

what do others have for a bill?

not to say the first time I tried the tub to soak my bones in -- THE WATER IS BROWN~! trying to find out why....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 05:49 AM

97 posts, read 136,736 times
May I ask why you moved from Tradition? From previous posts, you stated that you loved it there.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 AM

yes.. I DID....some parts I still DO, but when the new person from the Management Company came on last year he decided to use Gestapo like methods in Heritage Oaks where I lived. Such as:

Being sent a violation letter because my garage door was open one time , ( I was cleaning out the car) when there are 3-5 garage doors open between the gate and my house every single day and they got nothing. When all the roofs need cleaning and only certain homes get a violation letter, but not all. Didn't even send out a letter in general saying.. the roofs need to be cleaned everyone! That would be too nice. When numerous owners complain about him and nothing happens. When he "likes" your next door neighbor and he decides to "target" and harass you over anything and everything and whatever he can make up and rides by my house looking for something wrong. When clients you are showing houses to say "I don't want to look in Heritage Oaks" and I ask why? The response is "my friends live there and he said some things about the HOA." Time to leave!

When it's just me living in a house and I work all the time... what is it I could do? Have a wild party by myself on the back porch?

I would gladly have moved to another part of Tradition but there wasn't anything available at the time when I needed to make a decision.

I moved in Magnolia Lakes on Friday and have already met 3 neighbors who have been very nice and offered help if I need it. The gentleman who runs Management here is very nice. That's what I was missing. Not somebody looking over my shoulder waiting for me to do something he didnt like.

my personal opinion ...

Old 09-24-2012, 09:01 AM

WOW!!! That is a shame. I am looking into buying a home in Victoria Parc, hence my questions about Tradition. What have you heard about Victoria Parc?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 AM

361 posts, read 749,579 times
That is my #1 reason for not living an HOA. Everyone can say how nice/great their HOA is until 5 years down the road when somehow/someway someone with a stick up their butt takes over. I didn't purchase a home to have someone else tell me how to live.

I live in the St. Lucie West 'area' right outside of HOA land and it's great. With every story I hear about HOAs the more and more it makes me happy that I specifically was looking for houses that were not in one

Old 09-24-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enero6 View Post
WOW!!! That is a shame. I am looking into buying a home in Victoria Parc, hence my questions about Tradition. What have you heard about Victoria Parc?

Haven't heard anything bad from the people I know living in there. You aren't Raju by chance are you?

Old 09-24-2012, 01:54 PM

No. My name is David.

I am looking to buy a house in Port St Lucie, and have been looking at the Tradition area. I do not have a great credit history, as I have a discharged Chapter 7 bankrupcty. This happened 2 years ago. My credit is about 620. I have 15K available now and will have another 15K in January.

I have checked with a couple of banks, but they tell me I cannot get a mortgage for another year.

What do you think?

Old 09-24-2012, 10:35 PM

193 posts, read 405,076 times
In reference to the brown water comment. When I asked about the brown stains visible on some house walls I was told that it is the results of the high iron content in the local well water being used in the sprinkler system to water the grass. City water is filtered and not a problem. Houses with well water and septic tanks can install a filtering system to manage the iron in the water.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,606,005 times
Default Water stains and citrus planting

I have been looking for a house as well and I really wanted a well for the lawn and plants. I am a gardener and like a nice lawn, trees and plants. I am glad to know there is a solution to the water stains on the houses, fences. I have noticed a wide variety of plants be hardly a fruit tree. Coming from south Louisiana I left two lemon trees when I sold my old house and wanted the new house to have enough space to plant citrus and a fig tree. Someone told me the reason there are so few citrus trees is that the State of Florida came into every yard and cut them down because of a threat of a disease spreading and was to compensate homeowners but never did. is that the reason or is there another reason. I really wanted to grow a satsuma but not sure if they grow well here.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:55 PM

194 posts, read 427,598 times
Fla Lady B, the SLW water district is the worst. They have got us all and I guess we can thank our politicans who let them get away with their high fees. You have got it right, $53.00 plus per month to start and guess what you can never close the account. Expect to pay between $75.00 and $100.00 per month. The owner is always responsible for the minimum water payment. I never seen anything like that before. Your higher water bill will be offset by a much lower HOA fees and Real Estate taxes.
As to Magnolia Lakes, great choice, it has a beautiful clubhouse and is a well maintained community. Rebounded well from the foreclosure crisis so well that the association went to universal lawn care and did not raise the dues. In fact, they lowered them from all the savings taken in the past few years. Personally, it is the nicest community in Saint Lucie West. Nobody has a clubhouse like it except for maybe Town Park in Tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach