U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 AM

4,509 posts, read 7,730,081 times

Advertisements

Buying vs. Renting
Use the calculator below to compare the advantages and considerations of owning vs. renting a home.

Current Rent: Purchase Price of Home: Percentage of Down Payment: Length of Loan Term (years): Interest Rate: Years You Plan to Stay in This Home: Yearly Property Tax Rate: Yearly Home Value Appreciation/Depreciation
(use a negative number for depreciation):[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
[LEFT]Result Returned:RentBuy</B>[SIZE=2]Price of Home After Appreciation or Depreciation:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Remaining Balance After Years:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Equity Earned:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Tax Savings (at 28%): [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Avg. Monthly Payment Over Time:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Total Payment:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Total Savings On:[/SIZE]Note: The calculator above uses these items in its calculations: private mortgage insurance, homeowner's insurance cost, loan closing cost, cost of selling a home, property tax, homeowner's tax saving, and rent increases. Calculator results are estimates only.
[/LEFT]
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 02:50 PM

360 posts, read 646,910 times
This is a pretty good calculator when trying to decide: Is It Better to Buy or Rent? - Interactive Graphic - NYTimes.com

Old 10-04-2012, 02:55 PM

the one I was trying to post is from HUD -- and you can arrange it how ever you want. I didnt even know it posted since I tried not to once I saw how it was coming out

this is the hyperlink to it.... you can change the amounts and interest rates etc. I thought it was a good one and had more things you can change in it for more accuracy.

I did $1000 month rent vs $100,000 purchase - at 4% with FHA 3 1/2 % down for 30 years. 2 1/2% tax rate. The difference was amazing. It gives you how much you save over a 10 year period.

Ginnie Mae: Your Path to Homeownership

Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 PM

by the way--- interest rates! a record low of 3.40 percent this week!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach